8 New HD Local Markets coming to DISH

I see only a reference to SD (which we lready had) am I reding t wrog.

Yes, you are reading it wrong. There are two entries for WHAG, the 2nd of which is HD off 61.5 transponder 20 spotbeam 52.

yes and both are in SD. Maybe I was not clear before but we have had this channel in SD foor years. the question was would we see it in HD since the calim was that HD was being added. In this case it looks like SD only.

I made it home and---at east in the DC area---- it is still SD only.

Last edited:
Yes, you are reading it wrong. There are two entries for WHAG, the 2nd of which is HD off 61.5 transponder 20 spotbeam 52.

still shows as SD on thelist

The only recent entry for WHAG is for Salisbury, MD 9since they do not have NBC there) and its SD only (but the rest are in HD)

I didn't think of you being out there! Nonetheless, your dish is pointing the wrong way to get the locals in HD. You've got a western arc (110, 119, 129) setup and need an eastern arc setup. Call Dish, presuming it's past the date Scott referenced above.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ummm ABC has been there since January per press releases and reports from folks there. Per wiki (again take with salt)
On January 14, 2013, WBKB added a new third digital subchannel to be the area's ABC affiliate.

press release
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/wb...ent-with-abc-launches-morning-newscast_b76705

Not to argue, but the press release was not reality. It refers to OTA, not DISH. The DISH package I had was giving me the Saginaw/Flint Station (WJRT) until a month or so ago, as I stated.

I thought the HD was supposed to begin on November 21. Here it is, the 25th and still no HD in Alpena MI, not even on the one channel WBKB broadcasts OTA in HD. Anyone know what the delay is?

I thought the HD was supposed to begin on November 21. Here it is, the 25th and still no HD in Alpena MI, not even on the one channel WBKB broadcasts OTA in HD. Anyone know what the delay is?

Seriously, does anyone know the status of HD locals for the Alpena MI area? I am still not seeing them nearly a month after they were supposedly available.

are you on Eastern Arc?

The SD locals are on Western Arc (110/119/129) whereas the HD requires either a wing dish at 61.5 or EA (61.5/72/77)

are you on Eastern Arc?

The SD locals are on Western Arc (110/119/129) whereas the HD requires either a wing dish at 61.5 or EA (61.5/72/77)

My system shows the 110/119/129. So, how do I get a wing dish? Is it free or do I have to pay installation fees?

It **SHOULD** be free. Unless you have older SD receivers (or line of site issues) they'll probably set you up on a full Eastern Arc setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts