Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We have just received word that Dish Network will be launching 8 new RSN's this coming Wednesday.

All the channels are RSN's (Regional Sports Networks)

The channels being added are as follows:

SportsNet NY
Sportstime Ohio
FSN Detroit
FSN North
FSN Pittsburgh
FSN Cincinnati
FSN Northwest
FSN Arizona

These channels will be online by 5PM on Wednesday and require a MPEG4 receiver.

Great news for those wanting their RSN.. obviously some missing from the list that people want, but I'm shocked FSN Cincinnati is in the list! I'm not complaining, but I'm glad it's there so that any games shown on FSN-Cincinnati/Ohio I'll be able to see..

Now how long till we see things like NESN and CSN Chicago to make more people happy.. :)

Will these show up on the HD channel lineup like where the Voom channels are? Or will they show up elsewhere. It is nice that ALL HD channels show up on one location.

HD RSNs are in the range 359-399.

PS At this point, the Dish Network channel numbering is getting somewhat cumbersome and illogical. "94xx" is difficult to remember at first, "99xx" would have been much more intuitive...

Sooooooooo not to be the party-pooper here but what good are these? There are no out of market professional sports games on these channels!!! Comcast, Echostar and DirecTV have all missed the point ... NATIONAL HD IS ALL THAT MATTERS IN THE EARLY PHASES!

To be positive, congrats to those in the cities who can actually use these channels.

That's why Dish has been reluctant to uplink the HD RSNs that are 24 hour programming (and thus would require their own channel).
Correct which is why we wont see NESN HD until next year (or if the FCC give Dish the Sky Angel transponders we could see it this year on 61.5) :)

THERE IS A GOD!! FSN North in HD! Scott, will dish show all available HD games or only select ones depending on TP space?

Please change the Subject Title - this is great, but it means either "zero" or "one" new HD channel for any particular Dish subscriber...
I agree with this. When I saw it on the front page I got a BIG smile :) on my face and started to get excited until I read the link, then my smile went to a sad face :(.

Still no CSN-Chicago. One of the biggest markets in the US and it's looking to be one of the last RSN's added.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)