800 series

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

showtime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
BC
This summer, we are pleased to introduce to you our new 8XX series receivers, which we are expecting to launch at the end of June. The new receivers offer some exciting features at competitive rates, see details below.

8XX features summary

HDDSR800

• WiFi capable
  • PPV ordering via remote control
HDPVR830

• Massive 1 TB (1000 GB) hard drive, for over 300 hours of HD recording capacity
  • Built-in WiFi, for wireless connectivity to your home network
  • Instant PPV ordering, via the internet connection
  • UHF remote control (URC600) with built-in antenna
  • The same powerful HD Guide as the HDPVR 630

Cash & Carry hardware cost

The regular rates of the new receivers are as follows:

• HDDSR800: $149.99
  • HDPVR830: $299.99

"The same powerful HD Guide as the HDPVR 630" - How exciting! :sleep

No home network feature, still only two tuners, no OTA tuner... :crying2

Not that I really expected anything much from Shaw Direct. I'll just keep using my 630's...

I looks like they just swapped the component video out for the wifi and added a larger her drive.

They dropped component video out, well that was dumb since I use component out from to my HD-PVR to record stuff. I like to save shows and edit out the commercials. Adding wifi, big deal. Having two tuners would have been a killer so Shaw, let's get into the 21st century and beef up your lousy receivers. The larger HD 1TB (larger would have been better but it's a start) is a nice feature. Who can forget the beefy EPG, boring.....