8000HD Modulation Menu

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crawfrdb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
I've been crazy busy over the past few weeks, but I did manage to fetch Iceberg's factory firmware post and load it.

Works great. ATSC scans are much better now- can now repeat Iceberg's results of a single scan with 1000 KHz. I haven't had a receiver connected to my system in several weeks, however, can't see anything on T5. I can see others but nothing in the clear yet.

Now this is PURE torture. Has any 8000HD owners out there checked out the Manual Scan menu?

Modulation options: "DVB-S QPSK", "DVB-S2 QPSK (NBC)", "DVB-S2 8PSK (NBC)"

What is interesting about this is the FEC options for each:

DVB-S QPSK: Auto, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
DVB-S2 QPSK (NBC): 1/2, 3/6, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
DVB-S2 8PSK (NBC): 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10

Does this mean we can receive DVB-S2 8PSK but not DVB-S 8PSK?
Has anyone tried scanning a known transponder for an 8PSK signal to see if it will work?

Putting this on a menu w/o hardware capability seems so unlikely.

Comments?

Now this is PURE torture. Has any 8000HD owners out there checked out the Manual Scan menu?

Modulation options: "DVB-S QPSK", "DVB-S2 QPSK (NBC)", "DVB-S2 8PSK (NBC)"

What is interesting about this is the FEC options for each:

DVB-S QPSK: Auto, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
DVB-S2 QPSK (NBC): 1/2, 3/6, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10
DVB-S2 8PSK (NBC): 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 8/9, 9/10

Has anyone tried scanning a known transponder for an 8PSK signal to see if it will work?

just tried it last nite with no luck. Tried the Dish HD preview channel on Dish 61.5 (12501 H 21500) and no signal at all regardless of option above :(

It's probably like most of the new dvb-s2 pci cards in that it supports 8psk but only for dvb-s2 signals which is pretty much useless at this point in time in north america.

Tried the Dish HD preview channel on Dish 61.5 (12501 H 21500) and no signal at all regardless of option above

Keep in mind however, the dish network stuff is turbo coded 8psk. That's not the same as the trellis coded stuff like Fox and NBC uses. It would be interesting to try some of those feeds, but I doubt anyone here has a large enough dish to lock any of those feeds. I have a commercial box that should have 8psk capability ( and 16 QAM as well) but seeing as how I only have an 8.5' dish, I don't have any chance of locking any of those feeds anyway.

What size of antenna would it take to fetch these backhaul feeds?
Are these Ku or C?

How much DVB is there on C?

I own a 8' C band.

I had found a KTI 16' C/Ku band mesh antenna on the web that I really wanted to get until I learned that it is no longer being manufactured. Would that do it? Would like to get something like that and a dual-band feed on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)