'80s Edition' for Guitar Hero III, PS3?

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
A good bud bought me Guitar Hero III (PS3) for Xmas. Very fun.

Had an ever better time playing the PS2 version of the 80s Edition of Guitar Hero.

Now, I'm wondering if they'll come out w/ add-on material like this for GH3 via the Sony Store? Anyone?

Those 80s tracks were the anthems of my alternative rockin'/new wavin' youth and there's nothing like tearing up the soundtrack of your formative years...70s is classic, but not the stuff that really excites me. 90s stuff just doesn't have 'the edge' or 'the hooks'...harder rock, but not as fun to play, imho.

Who's with me--I need to get some Pixies tracks burning on my wireless 'Gibson'!?

I think they missed a great opportunity by not releasing 80's edition on the PS3 and 360. Instead they're releasing Aerosmith? Don't get me wrong. I'll buy it. But the wife and I would have enjoyed the 80s version more.

They should discount the tracks down to RB levels and release the whole 80s game as tracks for GH3.

I won't buy GH3 since I have Rock Band, feels kinda one-dimensional now, but it'd be a nice touch.

Try playing "Electric Eye" on expert. That track is insane...

Anyhow, since the company that developed GH and RB is based out of Boston, I would assume that we will continue to see some DLC for classic Boston "Alterno" bands (such as the Pixies).

I think they missed a great opportunity by not releasing 80's edition on the PS3 and 360. Instead they're releasing Aerosmith? Don't get me wrong. I'll buy it. But the wife and I would have enjoyed the 80s version more.

Not sure about the 360 version, but I don't see much need for releasing it on the PS3 - they already have it for PS2, so why not just buy that one and play it on the PS3? It's not like the graphics are that much better (or really that big of a deal on a game like that anyway).

I've been thinking about getting the GHI/GHII combo for $60, but I haven't even come close to wearing out GHIII yet...

Not sure about the 360 version, but I don't see much need for releasing it on the PS3 - they already have it for PS2, so why not just buy that one and play it on the PS3? It's not like the graphics are that much better (or really that big of a deal on a game like that anyway).

I've been thinking about getting the GHI/GHII combo for $60, but I haven't even come close to wearing out GHIII yet...

I don't have a PS3.... yet. I thought GH PS2 series had issues on the PS3?

I don't have a PS3.... yet. I thought GH PS2 series had issues on the PS3?

As far as I know the issues were with the PS2 guitar controllers, not the game itself. I haven't tried it yet, but I don't now why the old games wouldn't work with the new PS3 guitar...

As far as I know the issues were with the PS2 guitar controllers, not the game itself. I haven't tried it yet, but I don't now why the old games wouldn't work with the new PS3 guitar...

Correct. That's what I really meant. Issues with the PS2 guitar. Works with a "dongle", but not very well. Too bad. It looks like artists are finally starting to realize the money that can be made by getting their music onto these types of games. link

Does anyone know if the PS2 80s edition title works with the PS3 guitar controller? If so, of course that would be a workable solution--on a 60 or 80GB, that is (and I'm in luck there).

Does anyone know if the PS2 80s edition title works with the PS3 guitar controller? If so, of course that would be a workable solution--on a 60 or 80GB, that is (and I'm in luck there).

From what I've read, no. You need the "dongle" and use a PS2 guitar. Most are saying the whammy bar and hammer ons and pull offs don't work. Not sure what else is "broken"

From what I've read, no. You need the "dongle" and use a PS2 guitar. Most are saying the whammy bar and hammer ons and pull offs don't work. Not sure what else is "broken"

After doing some further research, it looks like (from what I can find anyway) that neither the PS2 guitar nor the PS3 guitar will work with PS2 versions of GH. Bummer...

I also read that only hardware-based BC systems (20GB and 60GB) will play the PS2 GH games, so those of you with an 80GB might be out of luck.

Sounds like we're back to my original plea for this content to make its way to the PS3 either via a PS3 '80s edition' on disc or via download and the Sony Online Store.

Hmm...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts