I got my PS3 the other day!

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
It is awesome. Many thanks to those that steered me towards it. That is not a knock on the Xbox 360 but I wanted something to play HD movies and I bought before HDDVD lost that war. If I had ordered the 360 I would have been stuck. I have a remote for the PS3 but I can't seem to get it to work. Any suggestions?

It is awesome. Many thanks to those that steered me towards it. That is not a knock on the Xbox 360 but I wanted something to play HD movies and I bought before HDDVD lost that war. If I had ordered the 360 I would have been stuck. I have a remote for the PS3 but I can't seem to get it to work. Any suggestions?

All you have to do is go to the main menu, here is how to:

-Settings--->Accessory Settings--->Register Bluetooth device

Also read the manual if a manual came with the remote control, you may need a code, usually the code comes with the remote..

Good luck, and make sure you have your remote control on.

All you have to do is go to the main menu, here is how to:

-Settings--->Accessory Settings--->Register Bluetooth device

Also read the manual if a manual came with the remote control, you may need a code, usually the code comes with the remote..

Good luck, and make sure you have your remote control on.

Thanks that has to be the problem. I'm still getting use to the PS3 but I'm very happy thus far with my purchase and my son is happy I'm not trying to take his 360.:)

Thanks that has to be the problem. I'm still getting use to the PS3 but I'm very happy thus far with my purchase and my son is happy I'm not trying to take his 360.:)

Remember when you get the bluetooth headset you have to do the same thing.

Remember when you get the bluetooth headset you have to do the same thing.

The darn remote isn't working. It is a PS3 Sony remote and I hold down the enter and start button at the same time yet still nothing. Please help!

The darn remote isn't working. It is a PS3 Sony remote and I hold down the enter and start button at the same time yet still nothing. Please help!

I am not sure what the problem is....
Settings>Accessory settings> Register BT Device> BT Remote

If that didn't work...

Re: BD Remote not working??? - PLAYSTATION®3 General - PlayStation.com Forums

Also did you read the instructions book?
There should be a 1800 number, try calling sony and see if they can help you.

I am not sure what the problem is....
Settings>Accessory settings> Register BT Device> BT Remote

If that didn't work...

Re: BD Remote not working??? - PLAYSTATION®3 General - PlayStation.com Forums

Also did you read the instructions book?
There should be a 1800 number, try calling sony and see if they can help you.

Thanks Icewolf. It came with two batteries. I will try replacing them and following the procedures. I chunked the instruction book. Usually when you buy a TV the remote works without a care. Perhaps I could have had a bad sony battery? If not I will call Sony. Thanks again for the advice and help. :up

I tried to buy a PS3 today, but the several stores i went to had only 40gb models without even a movie pack-in, no 80gb bundles to be found anywhere.

I'd have a PS3 right now if the 40gb had BC.

I tried to buy a PS3 today, but the several stores i went to had only 40gb models without even a movie pack-in, no 80gb bundles to be found anywhere.

I'd have a PS3 right now if the 40gb had BC.

you might be sol unless you get one off ebay, i havent seen a 80gb in a long time. I think they may have stopped manufacturing them.

you might be sol unless you get one off ebay, i havent seen a 80gb in a long time. I think they may have stopped manufacturing them.
Rumor is Sony is releasing an 80GB PS3 bundle. Downside is not until June.

gee if only sony kept the backwards compatable for "all" ps3 models the 40 gig could use the software modulation if sony allowed it

The cut a chip that was needed for the emulation package. (and 2 chips compared to the 60gig hardware)

gee if only sony kept the backwards compatable for "all" ps3 models the 40 gig could use the software modulation if sony allowed it

They'd be starting from scratch if they started 100% SW BC like what the 360 offers, just sucks that they cut it not to cut cost, but to make people buy PS3 games (their words, not mine).

The new 80gb isn't a rumor anymore, the MGS bundle is official, with a Dual Shock 3.

I'll regret it in June, but I am not that patient.

They'd be starting from scratch if they started 100% SW BC like what the 360 offers, just sucks that they cut it not to cut cost, but to make people buy PS3 games (their words, not mine).

BC would definitely be a nice added feature, but please pardon my naivity as a new-gamer with a PS3 when I ask why would you want to play PS2 games on a PS3? If you have PS2 games, you likely already have a PS2, so the only benefit of PS3 BC is one less component connected to your TV. Sony's marketing motivation$ not withstanding, but now that I've played a few of these next-gen games, I can't imagine going back to the graphics quality of PS2 other than the sake of nostalgia. (I've already tried some of my GF's old PSone games on my PS3 and all I can say is :sleeo)

I never had a PS2, bought my first 2 games today, Kingdom Hearts and GT4 for the fiance - your question is more than valid.

Fiance doesn't care about graphics, she cares about gameplay, in her world of video games the best racing got for her was Need for Speed High Stakes - and she still plays the thing from time to time on her PC.

I am looking forward to finally trying the God of War franchise, see of Metal Gear is as good as I remember it being in college, and I am a couple Final Fantasy's behind since the last I played through was 7 on my PS1.

Some initial comments...

After playing games like Frontlines on the PC, Warhawk isn't as impressive as I hoped it would be. If i would have rented it first I don't think i'd have bought it. Having played the MX vs ATV demo, I'd have rather bought that, even though I have Motorstorm.

The way the PS3 seems to reset to do anything (install an update, play a game) is kinda frustrating and for whatever reason also results in a audio pop everytime it happens.

Kinda annoying to download a demo, be happy that it's finally done downloading.

Media center stuff is cool, looks like it's all managed through WMP instead of the sharing stuff Vista sets up, so will have to tweak that more.

Hands hurt from the small controller.

No buyers remorse, but there really aren't very many games I want for the system, had some disposable income and wanted more flexibility with my gaming.

Haven't made any purchases yet, but might have to snag Rampart.... <3.

Some initial comments...

After playing games like Frontlines on the PC, Warhawk isn't as impressive as I hoped it would be. If i would have rented it first I don't think i'd have bought it. Having played the MX vs ATV demo, I'd have rather bought that, even though I have Motorstorm.

The way the PS3 seems to reset to do anything (install an update, play a game) is kinda frustrating and for whatever reason also results in a audio pop everytime it happens.

Kinda annoying to download a demo, be happy that it's finally done downloading.

Media center stuff is cool, looks like it's all managed through WMP instead of the sharing stuff Vista sets up, so will have to tweak that more.

Hands hurt from the small controller.

No buyers remorse, but there really aren't very many games I want for the system, had some disposable income and wanted more flexibility with my gaming.

Haven't made any purchases yet, but might have to snag Rampart.... <3.

I've neve seen it reset to play a game...?

Also, with the downloading a demo thing, there is an option to have it run in the background while you're doing other things (provided your firmware is up to date).

You might try a 3rd party controller - I've seen a few of them that appear to be bigger.

And, of course you know what's coming next from me.... get Uncharted! :)

As for your pss3 remote, while you do have to sync the remote to the ps3, I also had problems syncing my remote and I ended up calling customer service. Basically what they had me do was to reset the setting to thedefault
settings. After that it synced without a problem.

Oops, the demo thing, what i meant to type was 'kind of annoying to download a demo and then have to wait for it to be installed manually' - if there was a setting to install a demo after it is downloaded automatically that'd be super.

Played the demos for Uncharted, MX vs ATV (now a must buy for me, love it, and has the campaign stuff Motorstorm SHOULD have ), Resistance (briefly) and GT Concept.

MLB the Show waiting for me to install this morning.

Maybe it's not restarting, but it's interrupting the HDMI feed while loading long enough it seems for my TV to say 'no signal' and since all the audio goes through my TV that leads to the audio pop I guess when it regains the connection. I've got a 46" or 47" 1080p Sammy.

Going to give the demos another run through today. The PSN store is kinda disappointing, it makes the console look a year old I guess with the amount of demos and stuff there. There a reason that you cant browse themes and stuff? Only way I can get to them is the recent additions/top downloads section, unless they are there if i browse by game title I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)