811 & 921 Upgrade Info

Steve.

Thanks for the update. I hope this pans out. I can live with this kind of deal!!!! What do you think will happen if we own two 811? Do we get two 622's for $249.00 each?

So, those of us with old 6000 Dish receivers get the same deal as you guys with the 811, etc when we upgrade to the Mpeg4's, right?

And even though I already have two dishes on my roof, I still must get one of the new wider dishes from Dish, right?

If this is the case, please include the 6000 receivers under this banner; there are still a lot of us out there with old equipment!

steve615 said:
I asked him if this is going to be a lease plan and he told me that it is not a lease plan,if you own your equipment currently....There is no extra lease fee to pay every month,but,we will have to pay the DVR fee monthly,in addition to whatever programming package we subscribe to....and have the DISH 1000 installed for $99,after the $200 mail in rebate. :)
If I understand correctly, it looks like Dish will be letting 921 owners trade up to an owned 622 with no monthly fees for leasing.
These questions come to mind:
1. If I go for the owned 622,
a. Is the DVR fee still waived if you have the Everything/Platinum Pak?
b. Do you have to send your owned 921 to Dish?
2. Can an owned 921 be upgraded to a leased 622 for $99? If so then...
a. What is a typical monthly lease fee?​
b. Do we then keep the owned 921?​
3. If we already have the Dish 1000 installed...
a. Is the $99 upgrade cost reduced or waived?​
I've seen a couple of these questions asked elsewhere, but have not seen them answered yet.

I own an 811 and sub just to the HD Pak. I want a good replacement deal where I still own my box and I sub to just the new HD Pak.

I just want the HD channels. There should be no commitment as to time or taking of blurry SD channels because Dish is forcing the replacement.

I'm still getting mixed signals about having a two dish roof setup.

Half the answers I get is that I'm fine with the two Dish 500 rooftop dishes I have since together they cover all the bird's up there; the most I might have to do is adjust one if I want the new Voom HD channels. Then get a new VIP 411 OR 622 and I'm good to go.

The other half answer that I will need a new Dish 1000 to replace the two 500's because E* is switching things around up there in orbit.

I'm nowhere near an expert, but I don't get it; if my 2 500's reach all existing Dish birds now or in the near future, why would I need the Dish 1000? If it's because I'd lose some of the non English language channels that would be okay by me.

Thoughts? Anyone?

My understanding is that if you currently receive either 129 or 61.5, you're good to go. I currently have two Dish 500's, one going at 110/119 and the other at 61.5, so I don't think that I have to change anything.

steve615 said:
but,we will have to pay the DVR fee monthly,in addition to whatever programming package we subscribe to.

Is this true for the DishHD Platinum package that is equivalent to the AEP package that doesn't get charged the DVR fee today?

after talking to numerous csr people i got a 211 coming monday the 16th for 49$later in the day i thought why am i paying for install when they are shipping the reciever to me to swap out my 811 lease i called back and was told that if you wait until feb 1st i could upgrade for free but right now there is a 49$ upgrade fee and 1 year comm....csr reps had no idea what was going on italked to 5 before i could any straight info

hopper said:
after talking to numerous csr people i got a 211 coming monday the 16th for 49$later in the day i thought why am i paying for install when they are shipping the reciever to me to swap out my 811 lease i called back and was told that if you wait until feb 1st i could upgrade for free but right now there is a 49$ upgrade fee and 1 year comm....csr reps had no idea what was going on italked to 5 before i could any straight info
That's pretty much what I was told last week. The Tech Support person said that the current (not free) upgrade promotions run through the end of January, so I should wait until February to upgrade.

mdonnelly said:
That's pretty much what I was told last week. The Tech Support person said that the current (not free) upgrade promotions run through the end of January, so I should wait until February to upgrade.
Now the info relating to upgrade fees seems to be getting more sensible.

There should be no charge to subscribers for upgrade to existing equipment that is presently leased (811). If beginning in Feb. you subscribe to one of the new Dish programming packages that includes HD, and the dish 1000 and 211/622 is required to receive all the programming to which you subscribe, Dish Network is responsible to providing the upgraded equipment, at no cost to existing lease equipment subscribers.

With Dish, we choose programming packages, and in my case, also lease the equipment from them. Dish has the responsibility to determine the type of equipment required to receive subscribed programming (which for HD has now changed), and then furnish that equipment (for lease units).

G

So I could get a 622 for the same deal on my 811 as the users of the 921/942 get? I didn't get a 921/942 because they were too expensive. I settled for a $199 811, and now all I need to do is pay another $299 to get into the HD DVR realm... AND I get a $200 rebate to boot!!? Is this true? That's only $300... much less than what folks paid for their 921/942's. If true, the 921/942 users really are getting screwed.
bubba04

bubba04 said:
So I could get a 622 for the same deal on my 811 as the users of the 921/942 get? I didn't get a 921/942 because they were too expensive. I settled for a $199 811, and now all I need to do is pay another $299 to get into the HD DVR realm... AND I get a $200 rebate to boot!!? Is this true? That's only $300... much less than what folks paid for their 921/942's. If true, the 921/942 users really are getting screwed.
bubba04

811 owners don't get a rebate. That's only for 921/942 owners, and only if they wait until April 1 to schedule an upgrade.

hopper said:

Do not have heart failure if an 811 shows up instead of a 211. Happened to me and several others. If so, reject the shipment.