811 doesn't like 129 satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
My 811 for the longest time has been hooked up to 110 & 119 through a SW21 (yeah couple old Legacy Duals) and have no issues. Its deactivated but I use it for OTA digital and it gets some freeview channels (like the Starz freeview) :)

When I try to hook 129 into the mix it doesn't work through the switch. When I hook the line directly to the box it shows signal on 129 on the screen no problems. But when I hook it to the port on the SW21 where 110 is it shows (this is after running check switch)

1 119 odd
1 119 even
2 X X
2 X X

warning only one satellite connected.

Tried 61.5 & 148 to that same connection on the switch it reads fine. Heck right now it shows
1 119 odd
1 199 even
2 61.5 odd
2 61.5 even

which is what it should do

Does the 811 not like to play with a Legacy dual/Sw21 combo??

I dont have any DP stuff around to try (never believed in it as I always had either a Legacy quad or Twin/sw21 combo when I had Dish)

every night the box gets shut off :)

its in the bedroom and like I say its used mainly for OTA digital but there are some freebie channels that the box will pick up :)

Iceberg,
you've been at this sat stuff a lost longer than me, but here's a few things you might want to try to help narrow things down (BTW, I have never tried to hook up an 811 (or any other receiver for that matter) to an SW21 with |port 1 119| Port 2 129|, these are just some things I have done to trouble shoot legacy stuff on the rare occasion I see it. (and I agree with you that Legacy stuff usually has far fewer problems than DP, or DPP). Hopefully you haven't tried all of this already. First I would try a different Legacy LNB for 129, or a known good one at a minimum ( or swing that 61.5 over to 129, etc.). still a no-go, try the 129 directly to the 811 with no switches, or try it on port 1 of the SW21 switch. Check your software version and make sure it is the latest software for the 811. Current software versions and instructions on how to get the latest software are available here: DISH Network -- Support -- Technical Not sure what else you could try. Just out of question, what is on 129 that you plan to try to watch on the 811? AFAIK the majority of programming on 129 is now MPEG-4 and/or 8PSK and will not be veiwable on the 811 (which may be the reason it's not being recognized). Good luck, I hope something here helps out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)