811 guide problem

It is very rare that I get te dreaded "downloading guide", and I hit guide from OTA pretty often now. I am even past the point where I have stopped holding my breath and crossing my fingers when I hit the guide button.

cameron119 said:
Could someone provide a list of the advantages of using a 6000/U at this point? I think that would be a great help to folks that are considering Dish HD and have the option of purchasing the 6000 or 811 via their retailer or ebay.

From what I have read here, the big advantage is the lack of the dark video issue on the non-hd ports. If, like me, you never use the svideo or composite outputs, that won't be a big one for you.

Notable disadvantage is that the 6000 does not have all video outputs active at once (at least that is what I read).

cameron119 said:
Could someone provide a list of the advantages of using a 6000/U at this point? I think that would be a great help to folks that are considering Dish HD and have the option of purchasing the 6000 or 811 via their retailer or ebay.
Besides the outpurs, both active all the time, the 811 has the edge in usability with the guide which has the picture and sound in it from the channel you are watching while you are browsing to see what else is on.

snathanb said:
From what I have read here, the big advantage is the lack of the dark video issue on the non-hd ports. If, like me, you never use the svideo or composite outputs, that won't be a big one for you.

Notable disadvantage is that the 6000 does not have all video outputs active at once (at least that is what I read).

811 Advantages
- No Fan
- Themes are usable. (6000 they are SLOW)
- DVI Output
- 2 Day EPG
- New Features will be added.
- Can output DVI and svideo at the same time
- Faster more responsive.

6000 Advantages
- No dark Svideo
- RGB output
- EOL (End of Life)
- Hackable

If I had the choice and was not planning on using a TIVO or DVDR with it I would get the 811. I have owned both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)