811 Lost Wing Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Friend of mine has an 811 also and I asked him about his and when he checked he found that his 811 had lost everything on 148 also. (we get locals on 148)
Dish MUST have done something somewhere to cause this. How could this many go at the same time. ??? Something must have been done Friday nite or Sat morn.
STRANGE

I have a problem with my 811 and the 148 satellite also. But for some reason, most of my locals are still there. I am only missing 2 local channels and my JapanTV. The 2 locals I am missing are still in the guide. Whenever I select them I get the message that I need a second dish to view the channels. (which of course I have already) But my JapanTV is gone from the guide all together. I have 2 301's and a 501 which are all fine. My switch is a DP34. Was on the phone with Dish for an hour trouble-shooting. I have a tech coming this Saturday. I'll see what happens.
Bubba04

Another Software Problem!

The technician just left from Dishnetwork. He worked on my 811 for about an hour. First thing he did was replace the receiver and guess what? Same problem. Loss of all channels on the 148 sattelite. He checked my 34 switch, changed the ouput location of the 34 switch. Checked my two upstairs receivers (501 and 508) No problems there! I get all the 148 channels.
Finally he called a last resort expert where he was told that there's a software problem on the 811's that's keeping them from recognizing the 148 satellite. He also said (I was listening to the conversation) that there would be a download this Friday or the weekend that would fix it. He also said that he had spent 6 hours troubleshooting the same problem only to find out later that it was a software issue on the 811.
So guys, hang in there! Maybe I'll have my CBS HD back by the next issue of Joan of Arcadia1

bobiii said:
The technician just left from Dishnetwork. He worked on my 811 for about an hour. First thing he did was replace the receiver and guess what? Same problem. Loss of all channels on the 148 sattelite. He checked my 34 switch, changed the ouput location of the 34 switch. Checked my two upstairs receivers (501 and 508) No problems there! I get all the 148 channels.
Finally he called a last resort expert where he was told that there's a software problem on the 811's that's keeping them from recognizing the 148 satellite. He also said (I was listening to the conversation) that there would be a download this Friday or the weekend that would fix it. He also said that he had spent 6 hours troubleshooting the same problem only to find out later that it was a software issue on the 811.
So guys, hang in there! Maybe I'll have my CBS HD back by the next issue of Joan of Arcadia1

I find this quite interesting. I get the 148 satellite just fine on my 811. All the channels that are supposed to be there, are. I get CBS HD just fine as well as the minor locals. Something doesn't sound right here, unless of course, we have different versions of 811s out there.

In my case, the check switch screen says that there's something connected (says CONN instead of 148) but it's not pulling in the 148 signal. When speaking to advanced tech about this issue on Saturday, he told me it was a hardware issue since the receiver is able to detect a connection but not able to pull in the signal. I'm getting a new one sent via UPS, and will post an update when I get it in.

yrac said:
In my case, the check switch screen says that there's something connected (says CONN instead of 148) but it's not pulling in the 148 signal. When speaking to advanced tech about this issue on Saturday, he told me it was a hardware issue since the receiver is able to detect a connection but not able to pull in the signal. I'm getting a new one sent via UPS, and will post an update when I get it in.

Exact same problem here, getting a new 811 UPSed to me. Sure hope that fixes the problem. But if they fix it with software thats good too.

And if the new 811 doesn't fix it and the new software doesnt come...... well how about a free upgrade to the 921? ;)

I have the same problem as yrac. Called and got advanced tech and they are sending someone out this saturday to check it out. Watch a software fix come down and fixes this problem right before he gets here. :p

He tried a new 811

yrac said:

That's the first thing he tried. A brand new 811. Still the same thing. Con shows where normally 148 and an X for polarity. I get NO channels from the 148 including my CBS HD.

I'm in the Palmdale, CA area, where are you located???

Man.... a new box won't cure the problem? I hope this software fix does work. Sounds like they know that they screwed something up on that move of channels over the weekend.

bobiii said:
That's the first thing he tried. A brand new 811. Still the same thing. Con shows where normally 148 and an X for polarity. I get NO channels from the 148 including my CBS HD.

I'm in the Palmdale, CA area, where are you located???

I'm in the SF Bay Area. If it's not a hardware issue, hopefully a software update fixes it.

yrac said:
In my case, the check switch screen says that there's something connected (says CONN instead of 148) but it's not pulling in the 148 signal.

I just realized that I am having the same problem also. A couple of days ago
I turned it on and it was on the welcome to dish 500 channel. Must have been on cbshd the day before, and then lost 148.

I am getting the conn error message for the 148 satellite. Those of you lost the 148 satellite what kind of switch are you using, maybe a certain kind of switch with the 811 is causing the problem. I am using a switch 34.

Also those of you who still are getting the 148 satellite, can state what type of switch they are using with the 811.

Switch 34

marathon_1 said:
I am getting the conn error message for the 148 satellite. Those of you lost the 148 satellite what kind of switch are you using, maybe a certain kind of switch with the 811 is causing the problem. I am using a switch 34.

Also those of you who still are getting the 148 satellite, can state what type of switch they are using with the 811.

I'm using switch 34 but it was tested by the technician and he said there was no problem with the switch or the antennas. His boss just gave me the advice to keep my receiver turned off at night so that I would be sure to receive the upgraded software.

marathon_1 said:

I am using 2 SW-21s. I am receiving 148 just fine.

I have 2 SW21 switches, they both get the 148 when the 311 is hooked to them. When the 811 is hooked to it it doesnt get 148. (Listed as Conn when test switch is run).

I live in Ridgecrest, CA

The switch that I have is a DP34. I have a 510 in the same location as the 811 and a 4900 in our bedroom. After swapping the sat cables between the 510 and the 811, the problem stayed with the 811. 510 is on out1 of the switch and 811 on out2; I swapped the cables at the switch, and the 811 still couldn't find the 148. I have a diplexer in the mix as well, and even after removing the diplexers, the 811 still showed the same error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts