811 Lost Wing Satellite

marathon_1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Orange County, CA
My 811 lost the 148 satellite, missed CSI last night in Hi-Def. I performed the follow troubleshooting steps.

1. I did a check switch on the 811 no 148 satellite.
2. Unplugged 811, did check switch still no 148 satellite.
2. Did a check switch on a 510, it finds the 148 satellite.
3. Swapped the satellite input cables off the 811 and 510, 510 finds the 148 satellite, 811 does not.

Anybody have any ideas before I spend the day on hold with a Dish CSR.

unplug the cable line to the 811
run check switch to "clear it"
rehook line back up
rerun check switch

I had to do that to a 3000 that lost the odd 110...usually works

I had the exact same problem last night.

My 811 stopped getting 148. My 311 still gets it fine. Switched the 311 switch output to the 811 and the 811 still cant find the 148.

I will go home and try what Iceberg suggested on my break and report back.

Iceberg said:
rehook line back up
rerun check switch

Tried this on my lunch break. No luck still doesn't see the 148 when I run the "check switch".

It does claim to be getting a 148 signal when check some of the different transponders in the signal strength test. I was getting 80+ but for some reason it doesn't seem to find it when I run the check switch. And so I cant get access to any of the channels.

It is a Dishpro I believe. I only had it installed in January. The switches are 21's. I am not at home so I can't go out and read them right now but I know on both the lnbs it says Dishpro

Iceberg said:
rehook line back up
rerun check switch

Just discovered today that I, too, have lost 148 on my 811. I did the above and it still doesn't come up, and 148 is fine on my 510 and 4900. It was working yesterday and this morning before I went to work. I'm using Dish Pro LNBs and DP34 multiswitch.

So is this just some new 811 bug, or might E* actually have done something to cause this?

Maybe I am being paranoid but isn't it odd that we loose 148 on our HD receivers right after all these changes to what is on the 148 sat?

I am not sure what is going on, but after 1/2 hour on the phone with dishnetwork they agreed that my 811 is defective and will be sending me a replacement. I did try iceberg's suggestion before calling dish network.

FYI, I have a dp 34 switch, the 148 satellite comes in fine on the my 510.

Very strange goings on here. I have the exact same problem this morning.
Am currently trying the disconnect sat cable & run check switch and if that does not work I will be on the phone to dish.

marathon_1 said:
I am not sure what is going on, but after 1/2 hour on the phone with dishnetwork they agreed that my 811 is defective and will be sending me a replacement. I did try iceberg's suggestion before calling dish network.

Same here, called E* this morning and they're sending me a new 811 via UPS.

marathon_1 said:

Are they sending you the 811 directly? I have DISH comong to my house today and I told them I suspected the reciver and asked that they bring one. But they never offered to send me a new 811 directly.

David_Levin said:
Wierd - seems highly unlikely that this many 811's went out at the same time.

Something is else is up....

I agree it does seem very odd.

Can someone with an 811 and IS getting the 148 sat post here just to comfirm that the problem is at least with some subset of 811s.

MacKenzieIII said:
I agree it does seem very odd.

Can someone with an 811 and IS getting the 148 sat post here just to comfirm that the problem is at least with some subset of 811s.

My 811 still gets 148 loud and clear.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)