811 P285/P287 Software Update

WeeJavaDude said:
Stay tuned NightRyder, I am sure Jason will fill you guys in when he knows the details. For the record, 285 has been a solid performer for me after that one initial hickup.

Thanks WJD, looking forward to the info.

NightRyder

WJMorales said:
BTW, guys am sorry if implied the wrong statement. I just recall that a previous version that took quite awhile to go wide spread, was eventually scrapped because of the bugs. Am at 2.84 and no problems here. I am in no hurry for 2.85. I will wait my turn.
WJ, after the posts I've seen over on the Voom Forum in response to your posts, I can understand your tone. ;)

Have no fear; I just wondered if you had seen something that I hadn't. I can't spend all my free time on the satellite boards (despite what my wife thinks!) and there may be other areas I don't visit, like newgroups, where other opinions are being voiced.

(I think it was THE SHOUTING :eek: about the BUGS :eek: that did it...)

Thanks for the support Foxbat. I had no intention of ruffling anyones feathers on this this thread or any other thread. I acutualy thoughts the coments posted, to be very funny. Voom getting hit by flying space rock.

We all contribute to making this site what it is today, it does not matter if you just joined or have been around for years. I don't believe that because you have a zillion post that you have the right to go around telling other members to zip it. The greatness of sites like this is that you can post whatever information you want. In the end, other members will learn to either trust you or not to trust you.

Once again, I apologize to everyone who took my comments out of contexts. I have no intentions of posting misleading information or to bash other members. Now back to the subject of this thread.

I noticed that according to the Dish Network Software Page 2.87 is now spooling, 2.85 has moved to the previous column. Over at the other site they have also posted some information about 2.87.

WJ,

Just for the record. My post was to clarify that 285 was not bug ridden. Since I was one of the few that actually got it, I thought I would chime in before the people started to run with your post to give my impression of 285. You did draw a conclusion of 285 which from my experience was not correct. The reason I capped BUGS was because you had that is all. I was not yellling. Sorry if it was taken that way. All is good and now the fun begins seeing what 287 has in store for us.

WJMorales said:
I would like to know why 2.85 got ditched for 2.87. I love to know the details.
Yes, ditto to that here, too. Inquiring minds want to know...

I think people who got 2.85 were guinnea pigs for the 287

Kinda like the folks that got 282 (i think that's the number) were guinnea pigs and got screwed by the update, they stopped that one and some folks never got that update that update either.

I guess the only diff is nothing was wrong with 285 this time

That we know of! Dish could have had a problem spooling it or something, who knows. Thanks to the few that did get it it sounds like the software itself wasn't the problem, but it could have been something else.

I live in San Diego,Ca. and woke up this morning to find P287 on my 811. The problem with no Dolby signal to my RCA receiver has been corrected and I have not been able to yet find any bugs. I'm ecstatic!

I got it February 2004. I've always been in the first batch of downloaded receivers, but for both 285 and 287 I didn't get it in the initial release. I guess We'll just have to wait for it to go widespread

Saturday morning I got version 287!!
The DL iteself acted just like every other receiver's initial setup:
"Your receiver is retreiving vital information, do not unplug your receiver"

Hopefully, it WILL act as good as 285 has been the past several months.

fred

My 811 is now a year old. Wouldn't P2.87 make a nice birthday present? :yes

Foxbat said:
My 811 is now a year old. Wouldn't P2.87 make a nice birthday present? :yes
Happy Birthday, 811! Firmware is downloading as I type :D

Maybe Dish has adopted Redmond's update schedule, I spent all morning applying critical updates to my Windows boxes. When I was done, there's the 811 getting in the spirit of things, telling me "Vital program information will now be downloaded..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts