811 pushed back again.....

Just got my 811 installed this morning here in St. Louis (7:00 AM install time.) I've been waiting since early December. Can't wait to see the game between the Chiefs and Colts. Everything seems to work great. I've had the audio dropout only once and the hard reset fixed the problem. The picture is a little darker but my Toshiba can adjust the brightness for each tuner so it doesn't mess up my DVD settings. So far so good. I just wish I had the Rams to watch next week in the divisional game.

Ordered 811/301 receivers and installed in 1 week.

First, I would like to mention that I just joined the SatelliteGuys web site and I just want to thank everyone on this board for sharing their knowledge and experiences with everyone. I learned a lot reading the posts over the past couple of months. Thanks!

I would also like to add that I live in the Saint Augustine/Jacksonville, FL. area and just had my 811 and 301 receivers installed. I ordered the equipment from a local retailer on 01/03/04 and he called me on 01/05/04 when the units came in. I scheduled the install date for 01/10/04. Installer came out and installed both receivers in 2 hours with no problems. The installer said it was his first 811 install. The installer was excellent! According to the retailer, the 811 supplies are low but available.

Poor manners???

Scott Greczkowski said:
Insectia is good except for the hosts teeth.

Sometimes HD is too good. :)

Scott,
I'm disappointed, as I would expect a higher level of decorum from you. Commenting about the appearance of the hosts teeth is out of line, in my opinion!

Besides, have you seen his mustache?!? Wait, that is his nose hair!!

Great site, I come here everyday...

George Fitting -bub

So in a nutshell, those of us who ordered online or thru Dish are getting screwed with delays after delays, while "local" installers get them installed? If thats the case, they can shove their service.

Rich30N90W said:
So in a nutshell, those of us who ordered online or thru Dish are getting screwed with delays after delays, while "local" installers get them installed? If thats the case, they can shove their service.

That may be true in most cases, but not in mine. I ordered from DishNetworks web site online around mid December (2003). 811 was installed Jan 8. (see my post about 7 up from here)
So far I'm happy with my service (new subscriber).

I ordered the Superdish and the 811 from my local installer last Wed. on Jan 8 both were suppose to be in today and installed this Wed. I wish I would have done this the first of Dec.

I'm a newbie here, I've been reading these posts and consider myself extremely lucky, I called dish on dec 22nd to order the 811 and had it installed on dec 24th, very pleased. Sorry to hear that you guys are on a waiting list....Hang in there, it's worth it.

Why are you surprised?

I guess I can't understand why anyone is surprised that a locally owned satelite dealer with a store and in-house installer can give you better service than a corporate toll free number and a wildcat installer. I had my 811/301X2 system installed in mid december 2 days after my call to my local dealer. He also changed out my 811 after my fruitless search for Dolby digital for my Pioneer receiver (see seperate thread). I have kept in touch with him and advised him of my continuing problems with my 811 and he has offered to swap it for a 921 at his cost. He also installed my OTA attic antenna and preamp so I am in HD heaven. I would recommend him to anyone. My susggestion is to use the D* website to see if you have a local dealer and let him take care of you...........

I don't think the question was about better sevice. I like many others were not aware how fast the local guys could get the 811 when Dish themselves can't seem to find one.

I called dish again today --0 said 4-6 weeks

also called radio shack and went to sears around here..both didnt have it and radio shack said they dont even offer the 811. looks like im SOL, at least for a while!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)