811 Remote and Denon receiver - setup code?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

keith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Is anyone using the 811 and controlling a Denon receiver with the remote? The 811 users guide only has code 674 for Denon, and that isn't doing anything with my Denon 3300. I started the procedure to discover a code, but gave up after 5 minutes of button pushing.

If you have the 811 working with a Denon, other than code 674, could you please post the code here.

Thx,
Keith.

I have a Denon AVR-2802, and I've never been able to operate it with a Dish remote (I've tried using remotes from both a Dish 508 and 811). I just bought a new remote, a Harmony SST-659, I've read that it will control just about anything once I set it up via their web site. I've never figured out the disconnect between Dish and Denon.

Steve Lanich

Same exact problem with the 522, I wish that either the sat box had adjustable audio out like most cable boxes or that the fricking codes worked :(

15 minutes seaching codes before giving up btw, never got the 8 flashing lights on aux light when all codes were used up.

I complained to the email tech support guys at Dish about the lack of Denon support. Never did get a clear reply, but they did say that they would have a solution. I took that to mean that they would add more Denon codes to newer remotes, or they would add an IR learning mode.

Keith.

I sent dish an email here is what they said.. :no

Why does none of dishes remotes for the 301 and 811 work with the denon 1802 and 3801???

Thanks

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail. We at Dish Network strive to make our remotes compatible with all makes and models of TVs, VCRs, DVDs, Stereo Systems, and other devices such as Cable Boxes. Our remotes have a vast amount of codes that do control the majority of 3rd party equipment out on the market. Unfortunately though, it would be impossible to make a remote that has a 100% compatibility with every make and model.

Sincerely,

Daniel B.

DISH Network eCare

htpc_man said:
I sent dish an email here is what they said.. :no

Their email should have said :

"We're to cheap to buy a new set of codes. We've known about this for years but you our customers are gullible enough to just go out and buy a universal remote so why should be bother"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts