811 Upgrade Offer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Incidentally, they said they'd give me a $10 credit if I send them the 811, which I own. I will probably take them up on that as the other methods of selling are too much trouble for the low rate of return...unlike a Dish 6k.

The Dish 811 makes an excellent non-HD DBS receiver, so if you have any other non-HD Dish receivers you should consider replacing them with the 811. My second receiver is a Dish 4700 that I bought back in the late 1990s and the 811 is so much faster and offers so many more connection options, I couldn't see sending the 811 to Dish for a few bucks and continuing to use the 4700.

The Dish 811 makes an excellent non-HD DBS receiver, so if you have any other non-HD Dish receivers you should consider replacing them with the 811. My second receiver is a Dish 4700 that I bought back in the late 1990s and the 811 is so much faster and offers so many more connection options, I couldn't see sending the 811 to Dish for a few bucks and continuing to use the 4700.

Nope, only have 2 receivers in the household and I don't like sitting on equipment. I'd put it on the 'bay but it's not worth it.

...The offer was:
1) they send me one 211 receiver
2) $10 off for 10 months
3) no contract extension
4) free movie package for 3 months
5) I return the leased receiver
6) leased receiver fee increases by $1

Bottom line, I get $9/month off for 10 months, then my bill goes up by $1. I took the deal.
I went through the Tech Support folks as I always do. I called it a "quasi technical" call to justify it (not that I needed to) and asked some MPEG-2 vs. MPEG-4 questions. I did the 811->211 swap. In my case there was a $99 "upgrade" fee that they wouldn't waive and the lease fee increase. I didn't ask about the free movie packs but I don't really want those anyway. I was given the $10/mo. discount for 10 months and no commitment. So your deal is certainly sweeter than mine if you didn't have to pay anything for the receiver...

I heard back from one of the 'ceo@echostar' reps and they dropped the 18 month commitment they had saddled me with.

So my deal was as follows.

1 - Free 211 (well, $1 monthly increase over the 811).
2 - Option to turn in 811 for a credit.
3 - NO commitment.

I am Very, Very satisfied. This is the first time dish has given me any new equipment while currently serving out a previous offer and the absolute first time I have gotten a new receiver for nothing up front.

I just upgraded my 942 to 622 (this will be my second 622). I had to give them a credit card for $100 charge that will be rebated to me and a I also get the $10/month for 10 months discount off my bill. Sounded like a great deal to me so I took it. I told them I already had the $10/month deal once and they said it was the least they could do for making the 942 obsolete.

I just upgraded my 942 to 622 (this will be my second 622). I had to give them a credit card for $100 charge that will be rebated to me and a I also get the $10/month for 10 months discount off my bill. Sounded like a great deal to me so I took it. I told them I already had the $10/month deal once and they said it was the least they could do for making the 942 obsolete.

Thats good to hear, I am on the fence about swapping my 942 for a 622, but if its going to be a straight swap then I'll probably do it. I guess its time for me to drop the old HD pak and finally get all the HD channels.

Got my receivers on Friday. Saturday, I see that HBO hasn't been turned on yet, so I call the CSR. Monday, I look at my "recent activity" on the Dish website, and there are two $99 "upgrade fee" charges, and $20 for HBO. An email to ceo@dishnetwork.com got those charges reversed.

Just another typical Dish upgrade experience. Thank you, executive office. :)

Are you guys having to fill in a mail-in form to get the $10 off for 10 months if you upgrade from a 811 to 211? If yes, which options are you selecting? The Dish'n It Up option just lists "credit for receiver" while the DishHD options lists the $10/10 months but says only for "first time". What options should I select?

Are you guys having to fill in a mail-in form to get the $10 off for 10 months if you upgrade from a 811 to 211? If yes, which options are you selecting? The Dish'n It Up option just lists "credit for receiver" while the DishHD options lists the $10/10 months but says only for "first time". What options should I select?

I don't think there is a rebate for that swap, it is just a free deal, no 18 month commintment. Now if you also just signed up for HD, that is different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)