82/91/101 on one 30-inch dish. How??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hsantos74

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2008
I would like to merge my 18in dish that has 82/91
with my 30in dish that has 101

What is the best bracket to get 82/91/101 on my 30in dish??

Can they be all on the same level side to side, or they need to be
on a stair case setup?

Thanks

I see what you are doing now. Sorry. You are in Montreal. You are a Bell ExpressVu customer,. You want to get rid of the small dish and take advantage of the 30" for rain fade etc...

I thought you should center on 91w and have some adjustable brackets to either side of the center LNB.

Last edited:
well a hint. 101 needs to be centered and it can be done. 30 inch may be small but if you get 101 with that size at your location it can be done. then from behind the dishon your right it will be 91 then 82. aim away. i didnt surmise your a cardsharing person becuz i could set this up with a legit sub and not all card share is shady.

crackt out,.

Dude lives in Montreal. Subscribes to Bell...My bad.

yes there are 5 FTA radio channels called DW Radio 1, DW Radio 2, Interprix and 2 Polska radio channels on 82. Hardly worth setting an LNB.

Something like this will do it.

bracket-3.jpg

Use a FTA style circular LNB for 82w and an Invacom qph031 for 91w (to get the ABC news feeds if you wish, otherwise get another like you used for 82w) then a standard Linear LNB for 101w
images

Last edited:
lyngsat

Yea well it happens, but I did check Lyngsat and it does list a few FTA radio stations, I was just curious about that. I thought at one time 82 had some FTA on it but wasn't sure.

I am pretty sure your Bell Receiver can run a sw21 switch and FTA LNBs. They should be recognized as single or legacy single..something like that.

Your FTA receiver shouldn't have any problems with either

The qph-031 works on Linear and Circular transponders.

This is how you can set it up...

bellandftaononedish.jpg

I subscribe legally to Bell.... just want to merge the dishes.
I have the proper LNB's... just not able to find the perfect bracket.

I tried with the BAFF bracket... but instead of getting the 101W next to the 91
I get the 97W.

Here's picture of the brackets I used with no success:

product_info.php
24%20ROUND110,118,119,129_01.jpg

61_0.jpg

If your dish skews the lnbs will be inline, if no skew on dish the lnb's will be in a staircase like the above bracket. Also if you align 101 and then align your circular sats it may be easier to find them.

My dish doesnt skew...
So I should start to find 101W and then find 82/91?

So from above brackets do you recommend one ?

Sorry i can't recommend one maybe someone else will, i make my own with wood/metal/tie straps/tape/etc, to me the one you have above the highest bracket (lnb spot) needs to be a little higher and just a little out more ( I'm assuming that the 2 closest are 82 and 91) maybe you can fab something up with a clamp and wood or whatever just to check or make another , don't look like the bracket is to hard to make. I recommend 101 where its a linear sat, and find them to be more of a pain, than circular sats to find, less power. Another option maybe for you is to place a add on freecycle for your area and ask for a starchoice dish, i get mine that way (starchoice 75E) and free, and lots of quality on the circular sats with square type lnbs i can get 100Q for 82 and 91 here in Newfoundland.

Last edited:
I have seen those double yokes that connect to the center LNB and allow another to be added to either side very easily.

What LNBs do you have? These ones?
bell-9200-remotes-dish.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry i can't recommend one maybe someone else will, i make my own with wood/metal/tie straps/tape/etc, to me the one you have above the highest bracket (lnb spot) needs to be a little higher and just a little out more ( I'm assuming that the 2 closest are 82 and 91)

Normally I use this bracket for 110/119/129. But since 82/91/101 are the degrees
diffeence.... I decided to use it for 82/91/101. On a 24in it works fine.
On the 30in.... I get 82/91/97....

That's for a DBS dish not a round FTA dish.

Normal for a FTA dish is the adjustable rods

images
similar to this.

When I look at those preset circular LNB converter brackets that have slots for 82,91,110 and 119
I have to think ebay hacker bracket. The FTA LNBs and bracket offer much more adjustment

you can use the old square directv style lnbs for circular but they are really heavy

Last edited:
Normally I use this bracket for 110/119/129. But since 82/91/101 are the degrees
diffeence.... I decided to use it for 82/91/101. On a 24in it works fine.
On the 30in.... I get 82/91/97....

A bit different spacing for lnbs on a 24" and 30" ,24" lnbs and sats being closer while the 30" they will be a little wider apart.
could you take off one of them plastic sockets (lnb holder) on the above holder and screw it to the top hole on your stair bracket to see if it close.

I was planning on getting this one:
baff-bracket-4pc_jpg_2be39b5bee4cb52fa36e204691f214f1.jpg

82/91/ empty / 101 (since it doesnt work with the 3 model)

So I would have to adjust 101 until I find the signal.

I was planning on getting this one:
baff-bracket-4pc_jpg_2be39b5bee4cb52fa36e204691f214f1.jpg

82/91/ empty / 101 (since it doesnt work with the 3 model)

So I would have to adjust 101 until I find the signal.

The LNBFs will not be in a straight line. Since your dish does not skew, this would not be a good option. Freezy's option would be best as each LNBF can be adjusted vertically and horizontally.

You'll still have to rig something up, where your 30" dish don't skew, so you'll have to attach that bracket on a angle to dish arm some how, also you need to buy proper bracket for right dish ie: bracket for 24" won't be any good for a 1.2 meter because of spacing mentioned above. But if you had a starchoice dish that does skew that bracket will work with no mods just spacing might be different, with mine i just attached a small piece or 1/4 round to starchoice lnb and then tie strapped my circular lnbs to that,
oh well bit long answering:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)