82/91/101 on one 30-inch dish. How??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I tried with the 3 bracket version it worked for 82/91.

Since they are not in a straigh line, I could use a mix of both.
Use the following for 82/91 and cut the rest of bracket out.
24%20ROUND110,118,119,129_01.jpg

The the BAFF bracket attached to the 91 LNB and fine tune to get 101.

Last edited:
hsantos74 - Are you trying to get AMC4 satellite @ 101, or are you trying to get the DirecTV bird that is also parked at 101?

The DirecTV bird is pretty powerful and likely could be rigged up to work on the same reflector as 82 and 91.

But if you had a starchoice dish that does skew that bracket will work with no mods just spacing might be different, with mine i just attached a small piece or 1/4 round to starchoice lnb and then tie strapped my circular lnbs to that,
oh well bit long answering:)

Would you have a picture... probably easier to understand.

hsantos74 - Are you trying to get AMC4 satellite @ 101, or are you trying to get the DirecTV bird that is also parked at 101?

The DirecTV bird is pretty powerful and likely could be rigged up to work on the same reflector as 82 and 91.

Im trying to get AMC4

The LNBFs will not be in a straight line. Since your dish does not skew, this would not be a good option. Freezy's option would be best as each LNBF can be adjusted vertically and horizontally.

Before I buy any bracket, I will try with what I have at home...

I could also try to use my stair bracket for 82/91 and install a T bracket for 101.
T-BRACKET.jpg

Before I buy any bracket, I will try with what I have at home...

I could also try to use my stair bracket for 82/91 and install a T bracket for 101.
T-BRACKET.jpg

the bracket in the picture is called the "Magic Bracket". ive done 4 lnb setups with them on 36 inch dishes. super easy to use and allows for adjustment in all directions. i recommend using one of them. you also want amc4 centered on the dish.

crackt out,.

the bracket in the picture is called the "Magic Bracket". ive done 4 lnb setups with them on 36 inch dishes. super easy to use and allows for adjustment in all directions. i recommend using one of them. you also want amc4 centered on the dish.

crackt out,.

I was planning to put 91 in the middle and 101 just next to it.
I will have to plan on how to attach the 82/91 to the arm if I put the 101 in the middle.

Today I gave a last chance to this bracket.
61_0.jpg

After 45min of adjustments.... I found 101W...with only 10% quality but signal at 75%.
I tried to change the azimuth was able to bring quality to 22% but the problem
was that 82/91 was losing also in quality from 97% to 67%.

Since I didnt have more time, I will continue either tomorrow or tuesday.

Quick question...

Lets say im behind the dish. And I move azimuth to the right. Will I need to change my elevation so my signal doesn't change?

Quick question...

Lets say im behind the dish. And I move azimuth to the right. Will I need to change my elevation so my signal doesn't change?

If your location is east of your target satellites, decrease the elevation when panning to the west. If your location is to the west of your target satellites, increase the elevation when panning to the west.

So im in Montreal...my dish pointing towards west... so I decrease since my location is east.

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)