8300 Scientific HD box using HDMI

1_budz

Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm having a problem with the 8300 hd box using a hdmi cable w/my 40 inch Sony lcd tv. I have Time warner in Hawaii. I get a error msg indicating not to use the hdmi cable & to use component cables then a few minutes later I'm able to get any cable station. I'll be replacing the 8300 hd box but I'm wondering if there is a work around this error msg. Everytime I turn off the lcd tv and then power it on later I get that error msg again. It's quite irritating. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance.:)

Try this: Turn both devices off, then turn the TV on 1st, then the set-top.

Thanks for the reply! I had a defective SA 8300 HDC box and got a replacement but all is not well. The original problem is fixed but I found out that since I'm using a Sony VCR/COMBO unit (no tuner) that is hooked up via A/V cables to the HD box my LCD TV has to be powered on. If I turn it off there's no recording on the Sony VCR/COMBO unit. This is because I have the SA 8300 HD box hooked up via HDMI to my LCD TV. Unfortunate for me since I need to use the vhs to record stuff for my folks. So this SA 8300 HDC box is going back to the cable company & I'm gonna get back a digital box instead. If anyone else has a solution to my situation I'd appreciate it. I'll probably switch the HD box sometime this weekend. Thanks in advance! :)

As far as I recall, TWC's box disable the analog (component and RCA) ports when the digital (HDMI) port is active. You could connect your LCD with component and VHS via RCA.

U-verse in MDUs (Multi-Dwelling Units) buildings

How do you get competent support from Brighthouse?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)