87 west

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redford

Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
florida
hi trying to get 87 west satlelite with a 90cc dish and a dms internatinal c ku bsc 621-2d can not get signal on 87.w with the elevation to 55.2 the skew is to 9.5 but the lnb dont got markings for the skew . how can i get this lnb to work down in florida 32139 ,any body can help.thankyou

Using a c/ku (bsc 621-2d) on an offset dish is going to throw your elevation setting off. I think you're going to aim lower. That is, unless, you've really modified the feed holder to get the C/ku at the same location as a ku only lnbf.
the lnb dont got markings for the skew
There should be at least one mark. Don't know if that one is vertical for 'zero' or at the 3 o'clock position. But what ever the 'zero' is every hour is 30°. A guess here says it should be CCW, when looking at the face of the dish(backside of lnbf) about half an hour.
My 2
¢:
Think it would be a whole lot easier to put a normal Ku lnbf on it and find the satellite. Then if still wanting to microBUD experiment, put the c/ku lnbf back on it and readjust the elevation. Then one knows how much it throws the elevation scale off.
You also then have a 'baseline' ku performance to compare.

Have to agree with Truck racer. I was using an 8 footer here in south Florida (34957) and 87w was among the most flakely satellites I was getting.... especially the RTV muxes on 3920 and 4000. Swapped out my 8 with a solid spun aluminum 10 footer and have not missed anything on 87. Be aware that due to the narrower beam width of the 10 you have to be "on the money" with your arc though.

Good luck.

===
Bill

Have to agree with Truck racer. I was using an 8 footer here in south Florida (34957) and 87w was among the most flakely satellites I was getting.... especially the RTV muxes on 3920 and 4000. Swapped out my 8 with a solid spun aluminum 10 footer and have not missed anything on 87. Be aware that due to the narrower beam width of the 10 you have to be "on the money" with your arc though.

Good luck.

===
Bill

You should try tuning a 10' er on ku! 0.5 degree beam width on ku! One click east or west and ku goes from booming in to nothing

Hey redford , I've got the same lnb on a old 36"x30" prmstr dish , I use for the CW ch's on 91w . Facing the front of my dish , the square flat spot , where c band cable screws in , is set at the 8 o'clock position . At least that's best for my location in mid-Mo. , You might want to start out on 99w with your small dish , tune it in on the strong tp's there (3845 H 15030 and/or 4000 H 26400) first . Good luck on 87w , tho I've seen post of susessful small dishers , I've never been able scan in anything watchable there myself . If you don't have a conical scalar ring , you can cut the center out of a 6 inch plastic funnel , cover it with foil , put it right in front of your regular scalar ring , on the end of your lnb . Welcome to the forum .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts