87W MeTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Northern Ontario, Canada
I'm parked at 87W looking for MeTV and don't see any signal at 3855 H 5924. I get descent signal for everything else at 87W, but not this one. Is it up right now or is it maybe DVB-S2?

I found it, I must be just on the edge of it. I'm seeing 54% signal on my Traxxis but there's still too many lines to watch it. I see higher signals on other transponders on this satellite though, so I think I'll make an adjustment out at the dish

Odd, I got it a tiny bit better now after adjusting my elevation but I just can't get it any higher...still getting a few lines. Other channels I'm receiving on the same satellite have more than enough signal though. I wouldn't have expected one to have a problem like this...
Can anyone confirm if the MeTV transponder is lower signal than ThisTV on 87W? I'm thinking MeTV is just low enough that its right on the edge of being watchable on my 6'

Last edited:
My numbers are as follows (using an Azbox with a 7.5' dish):

ThisTV Q=64
MeTV Q=60

The threshold is Q=36

Jaray, I think it is a little lower on my 7.5 dish, but the 10' drags it in just fine. I believe you would benefit from a bigger reflector up there in your home and native land! .....if a bigger dish is allowed where you live.

jaray, after I posted last night, I checked Me-TV before I went to bed and it was barely stable, breaking up some, and the signal and quality levels were down to 40/40 ! So they apparently were running lower, or else my old feedhorn has problems-that channel usually runs at about 86/90 on my 10' dish. Other channels on that polarity were showing around 90signal/99quality so I don't think it was my feedhorn. All the more reason to go bigger! This morning signal levels are back up.

me tv is showing 89-93% quality on the pansat 9200 HD 3855 mhz / 5925 msps.
10' sami mesh with bullseye II feedhorn and norsat 8225 lnbs.

TVU is pegged on 100%
This tv is 85% bouncing to 88%
rtn mux 3800 29127 dvb s2 80%

Well I've come to the conclusion that MeTV is just plain lower power. I am sitting with a 70% signal on THIStv, but only about 55-58 on MEtv. They're all on the same satellite but different transponders and to be seeing 70% I am pretty confident I am properly aimed. I think this is a place where a 6' dish in the north may be lacking. Not alot of room to breathe.

I'd be interested in Iceberg's report of signal Q's comparatively, as geographically he's not too far from me....whatta ya think Ice? How do you feel about motoring east to 87W?

Well I've come to the conclusion that MeTV is just plain lower power. I am sitting with a 70% signal on THIStv, but only about 55-58 on MEtv. They're all on the same satellite but different transponders and to be seeing 70% I am pretty confident I am properly aimed. I think this is a place where a 6' dish in the north may be lacking. Not alot of room to breathe.

I'd be interested in Iceberg's report of signal Q's comparatively, as geographically he's not too far from me....whatta ya think Ice? How do you feel about motoring east to 87W?
Jaray I have it at 86% SI and 71% SQ. I am showing it at 3853 H 5924 SR with a 11 foot dish and a 17 degree lnb.

Currently 62Q on my new Openbox S9 in New Orleans. This is on my 6 foot "PortaBUD", which admittedly needs adjustment, since I've been moving it around to avoid a tree branch. I'm not currently able to lock the RTV mux.

Jaray, if you get it with a six footer please inform me what you did. i'm in maine and the 6 footer i have can lock most at 87 but can only do 16-30 percent for me-tv and rtv mux

Audio Format Change

Be advised that ME TV at AMC3-3855-5925-Horizontal as changed to AC3. This does not surprise due to the fact that This TV started out on regular audio, then switched to AC3. This and ME are owned by the same company. The change occured sometime between 11pm Eastern last night and wheb I discovered it around 11:30 Eastern this morning.

Diamond Jim said:
Be advised that ME TV at AMC3-3855-5925-Horizontal as changed to AC3. This does not surprise due to the fact that This TV started out on regular audio, then switched to AC3. This and ME are owned by the same company. The change occured sometime between 11pm Eastern last night and wheb I discovered it around 11:30 Eastern this morning.

That's good. AC3 is better quality.

That sure makes it hard to record anything while watching live though. I rescanne it just in case they threw in a pcm-audio pid, but they didn't. Still, free tv is hard to beat!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)