8PSK Conversion Update...

Won't the 111 do 8PSK as well, I was thinking it would, not that there were ever a ton of them out there.

Won't the 111 do 8PSK as well, I was thinking it would, not that there were ever a ton of them out there.

Yes it will. I verified this myself with my 111 which when I got it would not tune an 8PSK transponder, but later after an update DID. I have no idea why Dish decided to abandon it.

When is the deadline for other orbital locations? I will continue to use my 501 until the bitter end. Dish can have my 501 back when they can pry its cold, dead DVR functionality from my hands!
Well since the 501 does not work on the Eastern Arc, I would say the bitter end is coming soon.

You also forgot the 501 on the list of receivers being discontinued.

When is the deadline for other orbital locations? I will continue to use my 501 until the bitter end. Dish can have my 501 back when they can pry its cold, dead DVR functionality from my hands!

Just like me and the 942.

Besides not doing HD after the MPEG4 conversions that was one of the most solid receivers Dish ever made.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Will like Dish to "transfer" some of the HD channels from 129 to 119/110 after this conversion so that they can be made available to PR subs also. eg. AMC & NBCSN. Watching NHL on NBCSN SD is just.........

Reactions: vcsatellite
So you're saying NOT DISH SOON!
I found a post from Scott that Channels will start disappearing on June 10th at a rate of 5-10 per week. To me that is VERY SOON not DISH SOON.
I think that post should be a sticky but not sure where it should go. It looks like DISH is serious about this date.

when dish makes the conversion how many hd channels can be added?i just wanted to know.thanks Allen

I think that post should be a sticky but not sure where it should go. It looks like DISH is serious about this date.
The average member or visitor to this site doesn't need that - they are, or should be, aware of this situation. The average Dish customer, one who doesn't talk about Dish on a website, will call Dish when (or if) they notice something changed.

If they keep the current degree of compression which obviously isn't ideal but if they keep it I would think they will have space for around 30.

If I remember correctly, there are 5 unused spotbeam transponders on the spotbeam satellite at 119 W so they could use some or all of the freed up space for that. Not sure how many more markets that Dish needs to provide the locals in HD but this is certainly an option for this space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts