905 Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zaxxon

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Dinwiddie VA USA
I picked up a 4DTV 905 sidecar receiver for fifty bucks.

Will it receive any stations my 922 dosn't receive. I have a sub for my 922 through NPS.

I read some where that the 905 sidecar will pick up additional stations.

the 905 is just like the 922 minus analog

the only thing that it **might** get is the couple freebie stations on AnikF1 (Access, Knowledge)....
If you go to ANikF1 and let it download the channel maps the receiver crashes and you need to do a master reset. I know the 905 does not crash (I have one) but just can run slower. The 920 does crash. Not sure of the 922

The 920 and 922 will go into TDT overflow if allowed to get the Starchoice maps. The 905 since it don't have analog can run both sets of maps. If your not going to use the 905 and don't have a use for it you may want to sell it. There are guys looking for any 4DTV's currently.

I thought the 920 did goof up if it went to AnikF1 and loaded the maps? Remember reading that here a few times

920 could get really messed up as I think it will load bad software as well as over load the maps, the 922 will just overload maps, basically never go to a Star choice bird with a 920 or 922, I use A1 as a place holder for Amazones 1 on my 922, use F1 for the c-band side of the Star choice bird.

A 905 since it does not have the analogs mapped can go to Star choice with out overloading, probably still not worth it unless something is free.

Since were talking about Starchoice here. I wonder if you used one of the new Starchoice receivers and try to tune in some of the combo mode stuff on HITS or on the masters. I wonder if it would get a lock? If it did you may be able to use it if US stuff is in ZK ever.

I thought the Starchoice receivers software would only pick up AnikF1 & F2?

:eureka

What I was thinking about is this Ice. DC2 is DC2, if one of the Starchoice channel numbers had the same parameters as say a HITS feed or Master bud feed and was in ZK it should pick it up. The only thing the DC looks for is SR, FEC and service ID number I believe. So if that matched up and was in ZK it should in theory work.

ahhh...I see said the blind man :)

Not really that blind as long as you know the parameters. I know on the commercial boxes you program in the info. Now what would be really cool if you could make your own maps with the old 4play software and tell the receiver exactly what to look for. :D

No megapipe, but the "V" in the name is for variable...instead of just 19510 or 29270 like a 4DTV, it does all symbol rates for DCII, and there's several of them.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)