91w Channel hunting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I am trying to scan in all of the analog channels on 91w. I am specifically looking for JCTV. I have not been able to find it. I am using a DSR920. I found the Arts channel ok but nothing else. I found the specs online but it must be weak or missing because I cannot find it. Does anyone else get this channel currently?

JCTV is digital
You have the right receiver (920) but JCTV requires generics. Its not in any of the maps

Try CF channels 340-348 and see if it comes in there

I think your confused
The JCTV feed on 91W C-band is Horizontal with the info I posted above

Then there is a KU feed on 97W that is vertical (12177 V 23000)

I'd trust Lyngsat over that anyday...couple reasons

They list Echo 1 @ 148 as a way to see it. 148 hasnt been around for at least 3 years (satellite blew up)

also Galaxy 17 (91W) the odd transponders are horizontal. So TP13 as its posted (3960) is Horizontal

Wouldnt getting it on 97W KU or 125W C-band just be easier as it uses DVB and is very easy to pick up. If you had only the 920 I could see trying but if there is access to the station on 2 other satellites with a DVB receiver I'd do it that way:)

Ya I get it on 97w but I just like finding channels with the 920 so I can play around with it and see how it works better.

JCTV comes in just fine on my 922,GB 403,not a generic.

so u have this on horizontal? I will have to adjust my dish some and take another shot at it. I don't have channel 403 on GB so I need to check it how Iceberg says. Apparently I have outdated/corrupted maps.

Have you checked Options-Parental Control to see if the channels have been locked out?Has your 920 been thru the Hits conversion or had a master reset in the last year?Are you using a polarotor or an lnbf ?
I'm using an orthomode feed into a modified channel master 3x8 switch.The 922 is still set for using an lnbf with the polarity set for "rotated 90' "(options 6-4-2). Because I have it set for lnbf rotated 90 the polarities appear reversed so while 403 is horizontal it displays as vertical.
Not on generic cf,use ce with reversed polarity 340-359.

I don't have the parental control password. The receiver did not get converted. I replaced the battery when I bought it. It had been on a shelf for years and luckily the battery was fine.

I have it slaved through my coolsat and I set the coolsat to the polarity I want so it feeds the signal to the dsr. I don't have wires on chaparral box hooked up yet. I just rotate lnb by hand.

Okay the channel might be there but locked out,without the password tho : /

So if you're setting polarity manually,if you're getting ARTS then rotate 90' and use generic CE and the channel range I gave you above and you should find what you're looking for.

Also polarity on the coolsat won't matter, you're only going to get whatever the feedhorn is physically set to.And if the CS is set for voltage switching(lnbf 13/18 volt) reset to single lnb,so you will always have 18 volts powering the lnb.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts