91w is scanning in 93w channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Is anybody else noticing these govt channels scanning in on their ku dishes lately? Every time I run the blind scan on 91, I get both 91 and 93 channels. sometimes I only get the one called DOJ but usually it is all of those scrambled channels too. I don't think it's just my dish motor inaccuracy, I think I read this somewhere else too, but nobody there had an explanation either. I wonder if 93 has crept "out of the box" that far?
edit: I found that thread on this topic, it was on rick's website from june2, some posters there said it was not bleedover as the frequencies are slightly different and appears to be intentional. Like a backup or simulcast on both satellites.

Turbosat I have an lnb at 91 ku I am getting abc news now at 75 q just getting wild feeds thats it. You have something wrong with your dish then.

I think I'll side with the majority, seems like many folks are agreeing that those channels are showing up on both birds now, at different polarities. Thanks for the replies!

With a 1.2 meter dish, I'm not seeing the government channels on 93 w duplicated on 91 w. Looking at these channels on 93 w with a spectrum analyzer, then moving over to 91 w, the spectrum is completely different, both on V and H. So, I dunno...

Still getting the DOJ channel on both birds. On 91 it is 11899V 4350, pretty good signal, and on 93W it is at 11915H 4350. The PIDS are the same on both channels though but I suppose that is not unusual.

The larger dishes focus in on a particular satellite orbital location better (and receive less interference) than the smaller dishes. This coincides with what Titanium stated earlier in this thread. A good example was when people used a small 18" dish on Dish Network 77. The picture would pixelate due to interference from a neighboring satellite. A larger dish solved the problem.

I'm experiencing the same as the OP. Using a motorized Geosat Pro 1.2m dish.

Thanks everyone for posting the freqs and polarity. I had some alignment issues with my dish, but am now getting all 4 muxes on both satellites. They are on completely different frequencies and opposite polarity on each satellite.

Still, getting the same thing with my 1.1 meter dish wich I know is a oddball number but my HOA don't seems to care anyways though anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts