920 and w5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brown4599

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
hi guys...can u please let me know if a 920 can be remapped for w5...? someone told me it cannot,,,, if it can be remapped what is the procedure..? can it be done on multiple sats or just a particular one...? thanks...

yes it can be remapped

easiest way is if you have access to G1 go to G1 and select a channel from the Starz mux and let it download for 1/2 hour

any premium movie channel can get the maps. I use G5 100 as mine.

well i did try g5 100...left them overnight and got w5 on select sat screen, but on both receivers when i select w5 it keeps going back to the select sat screen....maybe i have to reset and re program from scratch

I think a 920 has to be unplugged/replugged while on a major digital Movie Channel like HBO, Showtime, or Starz..? Or use G1 channel 3... Then let it reboot and then let it set for a few minutes, then check it and see.
On another note, do you know how to program it onto the SAT page, it won't automatically go onto it, you will have to program it in....
Options, 6, 4, 4, then highlight W5 by using the left/right/up/down arrows to get to W5, then press Enter. Then fine tune the sat on this page and use GO BACK to save, then press Enter to save W5. Then press VIEW to get back to normal......

Sounds like you may have hit the 1920 TDT count in your 920. If so then you have to do a master reset.

Press Options, 6, 0, 5 then left arrow until you get to Diagnostic screen G.

Don't give up hope, I was unable to receive W5 then all of the sudden it was there.

I didn't do anything to my receiver it just appeared.

4dtv`s question!

I`m going to update my Bud here in Venezuela very soon, and I want to know

before I buy a program suscription

There is any free channel on the c-band satellites, so I can monitor the set-up before I do the purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Ramdao.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts