9200, DVB-S2 and DiSEqC 1.1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lynskyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Houston, Texas
I have found that although DiSEqC 1.1 works on the Pansat 9200HD for DVB signals, it does not work with DVB-S2. I am using an 8 x 1 DiSEqC switch with my C Band feed on #5. I can tune and scan normal DVB signals this way but if I try to get a DVB-S2 like Equity on G28, I get no signal. If I connect the C Band directly to the receiver, it bangs right in. Has anyone else run across this issue? I have emailed Pansat in hopes a software update may fix this.

I have been having issues with my pansat sence they have released the PVR software.. Its been acting screwy and hasnt been blindscanning correctly. it will find the freq and SR, but it wont scan in after that.. it just moves on as if nothing was there. its getting real annoying as i have to do a power reboot to get it to work for one scan, then after that blind scan is vaperware, untill the next reboot.

I have been having issues with my pansat sence they have released the PVR software...
This is just one of many bad experiences I've read about with this "upgrade" software...:eek: I just wanted mine to do more than 4 LNBs with diseqc 1.1, -but I think I'll wait a little longer!

OK Pansat replied and said their setup with 8 x 1 DiSEqC 1.1 worked fine with both DVB and DVB-S2 8PSK. So I replaced the ROC GD-81A 8 x 1 switch with an EMP-Centauri S.168 and everything works fine now. I guess there is a compatibility issue with the ROC switch and the DVB-S2 8PSK tuner on the Pansats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)