9200HD loop out question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

c_perrone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Hey all,

I am currently using the "loop out" of my Pansat 9200HD with the S2 card installed to feed my Azbox Elite (only ku band). I'm using the Pansat for blind scanning and moving the dish. With this setup the Azbox can only see the polarity (H or V) that is currently selected on the Pansat. I believe this to be normal. If I power off the Pansat, the Azbox then has no signal at all. I would assume that this is normal also. I was thinking of splitting the incoming lead from the dish and attaching one to each receiver, but I'm not sure if that will work or not. I'd really like to be able to surf a satellite with the Azbox without first changing the polarity on the Pansat. Is this possible?

Clint

Hey all,

I am currently using the "loop out" of my Pansat 9200HD with the S2 card installed to feed my Azbox Elite (only ku band). I'm using the Pansat for blind scanning and moving the dish. With this setup the Azbox can only see the polarity (H or V) that is currently selected on the Pansat. I believe this to be normal. If I power off the Pansat, the Azbox then has no signal at all. I would assume that this is normal also. I was thinking of splitting the incoming lead from the dish and attaching one to each receiver, but I'm not sure if that will work or not. I'd really like to be able to surf a satellite with the Azbox without first changing the polarity on the Pansat. Is this possible?

Clint

No and yes. Most LNBs will only send one polarity at a time from 950-1450 MHz, based on DC voltage the receiver sends on the coax: 18V for H and 13V for V. That's why you are having problems, and a splitter won't change anything.

If you want both polarities on the coax cable, you could substitute a bandstacking LNB that for example might send V from 950-1450 MHz and H from 1650-2150 MHz. That way either receiver can tune what it wants. Bandstacked LNBs aren't common, but Sadoun sells them. The other choice is to employ equipment that bandstacks a dual output LNB. That is far more expensive.

It is normal that the first box will control the H or V and if it is fully off the loop out box gets no signal, In standyby it should pass a signal.
Splitting the signal is not a good option. the best way would be to use a dual LNB and run 2 seperate cables or a multiswitch.

It is normal that the first box will control the H or V and if it is fully off the loop out box gets no signal, In standyby it should pass a signal.
Splitting the signal is not a good option. the best way would be to use a dual LNB and run 2 seperate cables or a multiswitch.

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I did not think that splitting the cable would work. As for standby mode, I don't think the Pansat has that option (or at least I don't see it) I just power off from the remote and the signal is gone on the second receiver.

Thanks again for the responses.

Clint

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts