921 and MLB package problem

CRB

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
I have the Major League Baseball package and my 921 shows the package on the paid program list but doesn't allow access to the programming. I had the package last year and the 921 worked fine. Both other receivers in the house both show the package on the paid list and allow the games to be viewed.

I just spent an hour or so on the phone with Dish support and they had me pull the plug and check the switch and such. They said they cannot force the unit to show the programs and suggested that the unit might have to be replaced. I have an extended warranty with Vann's that will be flushed if I get a replacement unit so that would be a last resort.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a resolution without switching out the unit? I thought that taking the MLB package away and then re-adding it might make the 921 "see" the package. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The Dish rep said the "advanced tech" team would call me in 24-48 hrs to try to solve the problem.

The MLB channels were visable than hidden than visable again system wide. They should be there now. If they aren't in your guide. First try to reset your box and pull the smart card in and out. If it still fails, call dish.

Thanks for the reply, BFG.

The weird thing is that this is supposed to be the free preview period, were everyone can see the MLB channels, and I'm paying for them and still locked out.

Does anyone know if this is the sort of thing that might get fixed by a Smartcard swap?

I have the identical problem. I just got off the phone with advanced support and they tell me this is a known "bug" (yet another). They are working on a fix.

Thanks for the response, alexbgr, I figure that is why the "advanced support" team hasn't called back in the 24-48 hour window promised...they don't have an answer! :no :no :shocked

Just off the phone with the "advanced tech support" and their theory is that the free preview of the MLB package is preventing the 921 from working with the MLB programming. They think the problem will fix itself after the free preview period ends...and if not it buys them another week to find a fix. :D

I received word this morning from Dish that this problem will be cleared up by the 10th (the end of the free preview).

The nightmare continues........

Hey, the funny thing is they NEVER forget to bill me for what I "owe". THAT programming code they never to seem to have a problem with.........

Thanks to the new yellow smart cards which (drum roll - cymball) DON'T work with the 2 Dishplayers and it has been a rough month in the Murdoch household.........

But hey, let's go for the hat trick....... Two Smallville timers (and their back to back backups immediately thereafter) set to fire tonight (along with a few SD NBC timers at the same time). What are the odds on the ZSR bug hitting me tonight?

Cue the snickering D* trolls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts