921 in RV.

rbraucht

Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
I had a 6000 in my motorhome.(I am a fulltimer)I am replacing it with a 921. I have a Winegard automatic dish. When I park, I push a button and it finds 119 sat. Then when I punch a channel that is on 110 it turns to it. It fools the receiver into thinking it is a dual LNBF.when I do the check switch thing it shows up as SW-42. I downloaded the 921 manual so I could study it while I,m waiting for the receiver. I see they say to hook a feed from each lnbf to two different inputs. Can I hook up to one input as I only have one cable? Also I have another dish on the roof. Can I hook it to the other input and aim at the 148 sat so I can get all the HD channels?

Nope. Both inputs on the 921 MUST be connected and MUST have identical configurations. I think you need to check with Winegard to see if they have anything that is compatible with a dual-tuner box. I do NOT think their secondary-coax rigging will do it - unless maybe you're willing to stick with a single satellite instead of using both 110 & 119 - and find a way to stop the unit from reporting itself as a 2-satellite setup.

This is not a 921-only issue - it applies to any of the x2x boxes.

Might be possible with a Dishpro Dual LNBF and then you can split the feed going into the 921 with a High Freq splitter such as this one...
http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=128

I just thought this over and the problem your going to run into is that you cannot support both 119 and 110 at the same time, your either going to have to look at 119, or look at 110 and if you want to change satellites your going to have to do it manually which will probably be followed by a switch test. The problem happens when Tuner 1 wants to look at 119 and Tuner 2 wants to look at 110.

You can make the thing run on 1 Tuner, but everytime you fire off a timer its going to try to run the 2nd tuner in the background and will not record due to no signal. If you can't record, might as well go back to the 6000 :(

The only other solution would be to get a 2nd Weinguard Automatic Dish and either....

A) Let Tuner 1 use the first Dish for 119/110 and let Tuner 2 use the 2nd Dish for 119/110

B) Make 1 Dish fixed for 119 and the second Dish fixed for 110

Old DishNet EchoStar Equipment

DD5.1 on OlympicsHD (9425)???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)