921 Record Problems

Seadoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
Well everything was working fine until I tried to record THE GAME I wanted to save. I had it set for 4 hrs and it recorded 44 min. What is the deal with that? Is this a reported bug?

Other problems:
1. I have to actually check a timer before I can go to the timer set up window. Is that normal?
2. I cant get rid of a favorities list even though it is empty

Seadoo said:
Well everything was working fine until I tried to record THE GAME I wanted to save. I had it set for 4 hrs and it recorded 44 min. What is the deal with that? Is this a reported bug?

This problem isn't that uncommon. Have you downloaded the latest (L188) software version? The power cord re-boot as previously stated, may help.

Other problems:
1. I have to actually check a timer before I can go to the timer set up window. Is that normal?

I don't quite understand your meaning. Do you mean that you have to check the radio button to perform opening a timer menu/setup?

2. I cant get rid of a favorities list even though it is empty

Yes, this is a know bug issue. It is difficult to resolve and the only thing that works for me is to delete the selected channels in the favorites list. After that I have to do a factory default setting. But to clear the ghosts, once the factory default is completed, I have to do a power cord reboot. I leave the cord unplugged for at least 20 seconds. Everything is good but I must set up my video preference and re-activate my caller-ID. This also seems to help the timers out as it seems to make them more solid.

boy921:

In answer to the timer issue.

1. Hit DVR button to come up with list of recorded events and timers.
2. I normally would assume that to go to the timer list all I would have to do is hit TIMER button on right, but when I do nothing happens.
3. In order to go to the Timers I first must select any of the active timers I have and then hit the TIMER button on right, which seems odd to me.
4. Once I get in Timer menu I have to reselect a timer if I want to edit.

Question is why can't I go directly to the TIMER menu without having to go through this procedure?

I will try your procedure in getting rid of ghost favorite lists.

Thanks

boy921:

Forgot to say I do have 188.

Also, peridoically the output sets itself to 480p from 1080i. I assume it is doing that because of the reboot that is occuring each night. That is a pain and I dont always catch it, until it strikes me that the picture is not quite right.

Seadoo said:
boy921:

Forgot to say I do have 188.

Also, peridoically the output sets itself to 480p from 1080i. I assume it is doing that because of the reboot that is occuring each night. That is a pain and I dont always catch it, until it strikes me that the picture is not quite right.

I remember someone finding this problem occurs when you leave your box in SD mode before the nightly reboot.... this for some reason causes the HD output to be changed to 480p.

I started having similar recording problems this week. It started when my guide font changed. I also lost the red button on the guide showing the timer. I've been setting the timer to record one hour shows and its been stopping after 8 minutes, 13 minutes, etc. Hope the next software version fixes these bugs

Seadoo said:
boy921:

In answer to the timer issue.

1. Hit DVR button to come up with list of recorded events and timers.
2. I normally would assume that to go to the timer list all I would have to do is hit TIMER button on right, but when I do nothing happens.
3. In order to go to the Timers I first must select any of the active timers I have and then hit the TIMER button on right, which seems odd to me.
4. Once I get in Timer menu I have to reselect a timer if I want to edit.

Question is why can't I go directly to the TIMER menu without having to go through this procedure?

I will try your procedure in getting rid of ghost favorite lists.

Thanks
OK, I experience the same thing, kinda. when I'm in the DVR menu and hit the timer button, it just scrolls down to where my listed timers are. Not much of a short cut :) It seems that it would take you to the real timer menu. I think this is just a shortfall in software design. Hopefully, in future software releases, they will make this so we actually can go to timers. Now if you do hit your timer button in the DVR menu, if you have any timers, it should scroll down to them. What you can do is select any one of the timers then hit your select button. this will take you into timer management. The only thing is just takes you to the list of created timers but not the specific one that you chose in the DVR screen.