921 software upgrade in progress

I don't have the official release notes yet for L186, but as soon as I get them, they'll be stickied at the top of the 921 forum at DBSTalk, and linked to from here.

MarkL:

Still havent gotten 186 but for 185 when the 921 is reset each night does it default back to 480p output that I have to change each day to 1080i?

Seadoo said:
MarkL:

Still havent gotten 186 but for 185 when the 921 is reset each night does it default back to 480p output that I have to change each day to 1080i?

I noticed that too and mentioned it last week in L185 OTA Station loss thread.
I have since noticed that it only happened when the 921 was left in SD when turned off. If in SD, the unit reboots to 480p for DTV. If left in 1080i, it stays in 1080i.
I was going to post this observation tonight as it took a couple of reboots to prove it. But since L186 came tonight, I decided not mention it unless L186 reboots in the same way.
I watch the 921 in SD sometimes because I still have C-Band and watch of Wild Feeds.

James Daniel Bishop

I have the L186 installed. To me it seems to have made things worse. I've done unplugged reset, etc. It seems to me that the 921 is an expensive 721, because the method for recording SD/HD OTA is a real joke.

I did noticed one change with the 186 release. Now the DVI & Component can output HD at same time now, before, if you have connected DVI, there will be no component signal, you only can use either or. Other than that, I have not find anything else different yet. I am keep looking..........

I noticed the audio improved with L186 when you are restarting paused DVR events. Instead of taking 1 - 1.5 seconds for the audio to catch up with the video, it seems to catch up now within at most half a second.

Also, the 'Channel Not Found' error on the OTA channels doesn't corrupt the listing... if you just leave that error message up, the channel might actually come back on, or if you do a channel up and then channel down, it should come back (provided you are getting a signal).

hzhao said:
I did noticed one change with the 186 release. Now the DVI & Component can output HD at same time now, before, if you have connected DVI, there will be no component signal, you only can use either or. Other than that, I have not find anything else different yet. I am keep looking..........

This is a great feature. Now if I can only find a set of long component cables I could be watching in the hd mode in my living room on my hd Toshiba tv and sd in my computer room on my SD Toshiba tv using the component connection in there as well. It is an analog connection so it should work on both tvs. Do they make long sets of component cables? Maybe 20 feet or more would make it reach. :)

MikeD,

Do you have your 921 on SD mode or HD mode? I think mine only works on HD mode. I can be wrong but I can check it again tonight.

Howard

Tried in hd mode and it worked till I went to sd and then it stopped working period. Even when I switched back to hd mode it would only work on dvi. Incidently I noticed this before 186 that it would sometimes work and sometimes it wouldn't.

MikeD,

You are right, I did an switch and nothing worked after that. Oh, well, what else we can expect from Dish :)

Ummm...component and DVI are NOT supposed to work together at the same time. If they happened to do so under L185, then it was a bug, not a feature.

In therory, they could be working all the time, even HD/SD like 811. DVI and component will only be the different of DVI with direct digital output, while component has to go through D/A circuits. I am sure, from cost and complication of manufacture and software devolop, it is much easier for Dish just to offer simplist way since most of users will not needs all the output at same time.

The hardware doesn't support either of these cases. Both of these have been discussed many times before, both here and at DBSTalk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)