922 crashes

Try unplugging the satellite feed while you are booting it up. I was able to rescue my recordings to an external drive and prevent the unit from restarting by doing that.

This doesn't work for me. I can't access the EHD transfer function unless the 922 is connected to the satellite feeds. The system tells me my EHD is not authorized. If I try disconnecting the feeds after starting the transfer, data transfer ceases.

My 922 only crashes when hooked up to the satellite. Lasts 5-20 minutes at a time before it goes black with fan raging and must be unplugged from the wall. Our power supply is NOT the problem. So I'm 99% certain it's the firmware update that has caused this sytem instability. Oh -- and since it first crashed last week, about 2/3rd of my recorded content (drive was only 16% full) has disappeared.

This is just a waaay more expensive 510 POS DVR. I'm pretty fed up with Dish at this point. Why am I paying so much for HD DVR service when many of the HD programming is not on transponders aimed at my state (I pay the same as customers in the Lower 48) and when the recorded content disappears? On a five-month old unit? Maybe I should block future updates on the replacement unit. Dish's programmers obviously do not know how to write code and Dish does not bother to beta-test new firmware before pushing it down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts