922 keeps losing T6 & IPG issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
My 922 keeps losing T6! If I pick GB or G3 from the sat lists, goes there and gets a great picture. If I pick T6, it moves the dish, but no signal.
It did this last week, I re-peaked the dish.. everything was fine. watch one of the NEt channels 2 nights ago.. SWMBO wanted to watch a show
on there tonight.. sure no problem, picked T6 from the list, dish moved..
nothing.. I can swing the dish between GB and G3 and get nothing.
anybody else having trouble keeping this one?

Also, for those of you with DSR922s, when your IPG downloads, for how much time do you have the guide? Seems like my guide goes for a short period, then basically has "No Info"
sometimes this may be 2pm, noon, today it was at 6:30pm. If I try to get anything on the guide, it asks me to move to G1 to download guide info. If I am going to keep this system in place, I need to figure out how to get around this. took a good 10 to 15 minutes to get the guide downloaded to even figure out what was on.

I've been getting them all on T6 lately and the IPG still shows them (4 or 5 I think) on T6 (along with the distance ed channels). I watched Scientific Frontiers on T6 602 3 nights ago. But for my 922 it's like the bird is dark. I can't find anything between GB and G3 anymore

odd.. Yep, I've got them on T4 too. But I know I picked Sci frontiers from the guide xmas eve whilst putting the kids presents together.. oh well.. at least they're still available.
we have one of the biggest public stations in the state in my town, but I can't get it OTA

now if I can figure out why my IPG doesn't last long, I'll be all set

If I try to get anything on the guide, it asks me to move to G1 to download guide info. If I am going to keep this system in place, I need to figure out how to get around this. took a good 10 to 15 minutes to get the guide downloaded to even figure out what was on.
now if I can figure out why my IPG doesn't last long, I'll be all set
It has to go to G1 at night to update the Guide info. There is no way around this ...other than no guide.:rolleyes:

It has to go to G1 at night to update the Guide info. There is no way around this ...other than no guide.:rolleyes:

right.. but I seem to only get guide up to about 3 to 6 pm of that day, then I have to go back to G1 and let it download for 15 to 20 mins to get more.
I hoped that it would download for the entire 24 hours, but it doesn't (mine at least doesn't)

happened again today. Had the guide when I looked at like 3:30. Put on Noggin for the kids. shut the unit off for dinner, turned it back on after the kids were in bed, no guide. as soon as you push guide, it comes back with "guide info is available on G1, press enter to go there" 5 mins later I had the guide again. I've not looked how far into the future it goes, but I'll check after SWMBO goes to bed. I wonder if it has something to do with turning the thing off.. have to play with that later too

yep.. did it again today.. had it on a music chan on W5, pushed the guide button, it came back "guide is available on G1, press enter to go there"
that was at 1:00 today. No guide.
When I first turned it on this morning, it was on G1 3, so it's going there like it's supposed to and I make sure that I shut it off at night.
not sure what to check now, but something's not right with it.
I have a 920 also, not hooked up, I wonder if NPS would auth the IPG for me on that one so I could compare (or something)

mine holds for a full day, maybe you should check the quality it is seeing at download time when the dish moves (do you usually have to tweak it on arrival of sat?)

edit to add: sometimes i can tweak to quality of 90 on G1 channel 150, so thats a good place to try to get the guide? I know the higher my quality the faster the guide comes in

Last edited:
I've seen a problem with the guide disappearing myself before. What I had to do to correct it is to get a rehit from NPS then to force reload the guide. For some reason when the AC power is interrupted to the 4DTV and the guide reloads this can occur.

let's see.. for G1 if I tell it to move, I know that the DCII light comes on right away. I'll have to check what sort of quality level I"m getting.
I'll go and try a re-hit from NPS too just for fun. not like it costs me anything. I still need to get all of the small issues worked out so that it makes sense to stay with c-band. If it's a complete PITA to do anything, the vote from the rest of the family will be to move to something else ;-(
FTA with the pansat is already borderline for my wife, she's more of the "show me what's on, let me pick my channel and be done" while I have fun poking around to see what I can find...
if the weather co-operates I'll be putting a new feedhorn on that dish too so I get Ku band back.. gotta make a new post about which LNBs to use, Cali Amp, Eagle or whatever the heck is out there currently... but that's for a new topic ;-)
thanks for the guidance everybody

The 4DTV guide has always been a bit buggy for me. On my 905, I notice it loads better if the receiver doesn't have every possible satellite in orbit selected into it's memory. Only the ones that have my subbed channels on them.

My 922 just sits fixed on W5 so it's guide is never loaded beyond the current program.

BTW...I don't see why the providers can't give us 4DTV users the EPG from AMC18 also. The Skyvision DSR410s download it from there on the units authorized by SRL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts