922 resets after being turned on??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerlev

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Strange new "feature" started about a month ago. Often when the receiver is turned on, we get no video on the Samsung plasma. The screen is either green or blank with message from the Samsung saying "searching for signal". After about 30-60 seconds, all the lights on the front of the 922 come on bright and it reloads. I called Dish about this 3 times and they always have me reset by pulling the plug and tell me to call back if there are more issues.

Just to add more info, we are using a Harmony remote to control all the equipment. Seems a while back, Dish enabled a feature to allow an IR remote to control the receiver. I seem to think the issue started around the time this feature was added. The Harmony remote does turn the Dish receiver remote on/off.

The Dish receiver is connected to a Harmon Kardon AVR347 which is connected to the Samsung 650 plasma.

Anyone else having this issue?

--jerlev

I have had a 922 for a couple of months now, and mine does something similar pretty often. When I start everything up, such as when we come home from work, more often than not there is no signal coming from the 922. It seems to make no difference whether the 922 is in "sleep" mode or left on previously. Sometimes pushing the power or select buttons several times will cause it to reset itself and eventually come on. Sometimes I just do a red button reset, although that is kind of a pain, since I have the 922 mounted on a high shelf.
I suspect it may have something to do with the HDMI connection. Is yours connected to your receiver via HDMI? Mine goes to my Onkyo receiver, and then on to the projector. I was playing around some earlier today listening to the radio tuner on my Onkyo, and when I changed the input away from the 922, it seemed to cause it to reset itself. I may try connecting via component and see if that does anything different.

A couple of similarities in both of your set ups and mine, which has had no problems like you describe so maybe this will help eliminate something. Or not. I have had my 922 since early May. It was connected to my Onkyo 605 via HDMI until last week when I got an Onkyo 608. The audio is via optical to eliminate the annoying drops. The Onkyo is connected to my Mitsubishi via HDMI. And I have been using a Harmony 700 since day 1.

I believe if I had the same problem repeatedly that after about 3 or 4 calls I would politely request a replacement. If the CSR refused I would request a supervisor. My first 922 was replaced with one call after I explained everything I had done in the way of troubleshooting and resetting and then repeated it for the CSR. Don't remember the exact problem (I'm old and have had several naps since then) but it had something to do with recording playback, not spontaneous resets as you both described.

My receiver would reboot all the time as well when it would be turned off and turned on later on in the day or after 5 mins of it being off. Dish couldn't find out what the problem was and sent out multiple replacement receivers and they all did the same thing. So I took out the HDMI cable that was connected from the receiver to my Yamaha receiver and connected it using component cable and it hasn't reset yet (fingers crossed) and it has been 2 days. Going to try a different HDMI cable during the weekend. Never had this issue with my 722 with the HDMI connection.

I had dish send me out a new HDMI cable. Will see how the new cable works. So far no issues using component cables.

I have changed the device power order on the Logitech remote. I set the HK Receiver to power on first, followed by the Samsung TV, then the Dish DVR. I have not experienced the reload of the receiver for the last week.

On Saturday, I did see issues when changing channels where the screen would flash green for a few seconds. I did not see that again on Sunday. Certainly something strange still out there, and I suspect it might be something to do with running the HDMI through my HK AV receiver...

Within the past couple of weeks I've started to experience a problem very similar to what you guys are describing. When I start up my 922 and everything finishes powering up what appears on my TV screen is a frozen image. Audio continues for a few seconds and then stops at which point the 922 hard locks. I'll try changing the power-on order of my devices this evening to see if that helps. FWIW, my 922 is connected via HDMI to a Denon AVR-3808CI then out to my Panasonic plasma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)