922 Sling Issues?

Sling Player fails to play DVR programming

I've finally gone ahead and set up my Sling Box on my 922. I can watch both live tv and programs from my DVR without any problems. When it comes to the Sling Player App for the iPhone, I can watch live tv but not any of the programs from my DVR. I click on the "watch on iPhone" and the Sling Player mobile loads but instead of getting the program off of the DVR, I get live tv. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

This is a known problem. At this time, to watch programs off the DVR on the iphone. Start live tv then use the remote commands on the iphone, bring up the dvr menu and select the program to watch. slightly cludgy but works.

Thanks Kevin... Could you please be a little more specific? I click on the "menu" option and then select "DVR" but all I get is my receiver's main menu and dvr controls. There doesn't appear to be any way to select a program from the DVR. When I select "All" under menu option I can go t my recording and see them on the receiver's DVR screen but I can't select them. Thanks in advance.

unfortunately not sure we are referringtothe same "menu" very confusing.

Open sling app on iphone. If I am recording something the screen typically says.

Do you wish to stop recording to watch live tv. I use remote, Dpad, to select no, I then use remote, all, and select DVR by fingerscrolling the remote choices to right. The dvr recordings are then displayed the exact same way as they are displayed as if watching on the tv and using the remote. I then use remote dpad to select program i want to watch and then remote DVR and press Play to begin. If you are getting a blank screen after trying above try the old reboot.

Hopethismakes some sense

Do you when sling player mobile on the iPhone will allow me to watch my recordings using the slick ui of the app--instead of it's playing live tv on my iPhone and playing my selected recording on my tv? I will say that yesterday I was very pleased to be stuck in my husband's office and to successfully be able to watch a 922 recording on my iPhone using 3G on my iPhone and sling player mobiles virtual remote controls. The audio was awesome--much better than the audio of a iTunes rented movie. I was happy.

I just had the 922 installed. I can view the sling box on my cmputer using I.E. 8.0 fine. Wen the remote pops up on the screen, the remote functions work fine. But when I move the cursor back over the lower part of the sling box screen, the cursor turns to a PLUS sign and I cannot expand the screen nor remove the remote. The only thing I can do is use the remote. Any ideas?
TIA

I am new to the VIP 922

The main issue I am seeing is I cannot access it from outside my LAN.
My router is a RVO 82 Linksys and I have 10 mg of bandwidth.
I reserved the Mac Address of the VIP 922 so it would always get the same DHCP address, but I get Network Error trying to access it from outside my WAN .
I had my Pro HD setup and it worked fine using port 5001
In looking at my router logs it appears that the VIP922 uses port 5101, and for some reason port 445 which the log says connections was successful
I set the 922s ip address up as a DMZ host so it would allow all traffic but I still can access it .
I even tried forwarding 5101 and 445 to the 922 still no go.

It appears now I have a sling that wont sling

I have the Verizon Droid Incredible and I can't get it to fill the screen. Occasionally it will, but not usually. I think I've pin pointed it down to this: It will fill the screen if I start Slinging when the STB is off. Once I start Slinging, the box turns on and if I disconnect it won't fill the screen again until I turn it off and wait awhile. Any advice?

Port issues

After doing some research and port scans I find that the VIP 922 uses tcp port 5101 to sling, This is a major error on Dishnetworks behalf
Port 5101 is normally reserved for peer to peer and file sharing across Talarian_TCP, Talarian_UDP, Yahoo Messenger.. This port is commonly blocked.
The ideal situation for Dish Network here would be to give us the ability to change this port. I keep 5101 closed on my home business network and it is also locked down at my office. I have set the VIP 922 to be a DMZ which will allow it to work if Im on some networks that havent blocked this port.
If I could change this port I could use my VIP 922 to sling at anyone of my 4 offices, when I am working late or out of town But as of now Im stuck because of the inability to change this port on the VIP 922

922 Online Programming Guide

For some reason, my progaming guide will only go to 11pm Saturday Nov. 27.

Daily Schedule goes to Friday Dec 3rd.

I re-booted the box, but still having the issue.

Hey Guys, I just had the 922 installed this weekend and geared up with Dishnetwork instant access app on my Droid 2, I have the same issues as mentioned above. I also can not watch live tv on it today...it says I dont have an internet connection at the 922. I will check this out when I get home.

No Menu's visible while slinging in HD mode

I was hoping the 110 update would fix a problem I continue to have,
When slinging to a pc, and select Best/HD, pop up the virtual remote. If I select Pause. the video pauses but the menu showing remaining time does not show up. If I select DVR, the full screen video continues. So no menus are shown while in HD mode. If I change the resolution to Good. The menus show up.

Are others seeing this problem?

kevin -
It has been this way since the beginning. I talked to the technical support engineers about it and they say it is "by design". I'm just not sure why that is the design.

I was hoping the 110 update would fix a problem I continue to have,
When slinging to a pc, and select Best/HD, pop up the virtual remote. If I select Pause. the video pauses but the menu showing remaining time does not show up. If I select DVR, the full screen video continues. So no menus are shown while in HD mode. If I change the resolution to Good. The menus show up.

Are others seeing this problem?
The menus are not sent over the HD encoding portion of the 922 so they are not shown in HD mode. For those of you who saw the now mytical Sling Extender 300 at CES this is why it had its own menu and guide system. :)

Scott, Thank you, Then they need to provide the Sling Extender menus to the Sling HD encoding.
I have found a quick way to crash the sling portion of the 922 is to keep switching between good and HD

I have the exact same issue...I just had mine installed on black friday. The installer said it was his first 922 and said they dont have duo set up yet...?...i told him thats why i bought it, and the sling of course. He did end up getting the tv in the other room to mirror the main tv but I really dont feel like its set up right. Is the duo installation happening? Can I dvr or watch something different in the other room or is just going to be a mirror. One more issue is that somehow my dvr schedule has taken on a life of its own dividing up shows to record between TV1 and TV2...but I cant find TV2 scheduled events anywhere And when I setup the schedule, it was only with TV1...is this a glitch or did I do something wrong?

You can watch something different in the other room while in duo mode. The installer likely just put your other TV on the tuner 1 output. The 922 modulates both tuners via the home distribution port (just like the 722k). You need to go into the setup menu and see what channel the remote tv is setup to be on. Sorry, I'm not at home so I can't walk you through the exact menus.

thanks lakebum, I think I know what youre talking about...is the update for duo out yet,Im new to the site and the 922 but have been a dish fan for years. Trying to get caught up here. Any idea why the dvr is spliting the schedule up between tv1 and tv2? Thanks again

I have the exact same issue...I just had mine installed on black friday. The installer said it was his first 922 and said they dont have duo set up yet...?...i told him thats why i bought it, and the sling of course. He did end up getting the tv in the other room to mirror the main tv but I really dont feel like its set up right. Is the duo installation happening? Can I dvr or watch something different in the other room or is just going to be a mirror. One more issue is that somehow my dvr schedule has taken on a life of its own dividing up shows to record between TV1 and TV2...but I cant find TV2 scheduled events anywhere And when I setup the schedule, it was only with TV1...is this a glitch or did I do something wrong?

thank you ill try and if i cant can you walk me through later appreciate it:)

HELP! I have had my 922 with sling for 4 months. I am very frustrated. I have had intermittent ability to connect to the slingbox DVR or live TV. Probably about 10% of the time it works. I have been testing using a fixed wired intranet, wireless intranet, 3G wireless, and internet. When 1 works they all work and when it doesn't work no manner of connection works. All the while the 922 itself reports that it is connected and I can see packet counts incrementing in and out.

I have configured and reconfigured my network going from 2 routers to 1 router and a switch. No manner of reconfiguration, rebooting, refreshing IP's makes a difference. Even when connected directly to the switch no luck. At present, I have the first router assigning a static IP to the slingbox and I am port forwarding directly to it using both UDP and TCP.

I find the dish network web site very poorly organized. There are a few resources that are helpful, but they are deeply buried on the web site and seem to be left over from pre-sling/dish merger work resting on the sling site. I have been on the support line twice. The best that I have found is the following... Sling Media Support - Setting up remote viewing when you have multiple routers but still to no avail.

What am I missing? Is this the right forum and thread to find help? Is there a better source of self help and trouble shooting?

Thanks Much in advance. jmichaelkramer@gmail.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)