922 Sling Issues?

Did you try to reboot your receiver? Pull the plug and leave it off for a minute and replug it in. Then the receiver should work again. If not, Call DISH and get a replacement sent out.

broadband setup will not complete succesfully -- 2nd 922

on broadband screen:
dhcp ok
server connection - failed
internet connection -failed

everything else is fine
can run older version of sling player on local network
dish remote access show 922 is not active
figure that is because of the server and internet connection issues
5101 is port forwarded
multiple resets and unplugs

before sling firmware was downloaded these connections were all ok when tech's leave...

this is the second 922 first one had the same issue
cannot find any info on what the server connection and internet connection mean -- guessing that 922 is trying to communicate to dish.sling.com to validate it is up and running

???

Did you try to reboot your receiver? Pull the plug and leave it off for a minute and replug it in. Then the receiver should work again. If not, Call DISH and get a replacement sent out.

I tried that already and it did not work. I called support and they said they are working on it. I'm too busy to deal with it right now. I plan to check it out again on Thursday,

anyone else having a problem viewing DVR programs from slingplayer mobile? i can view live tv fine, but whenever i try to watch a DVR program from my iPhone, it plays the DVR program on my TV (TV1) and streams whatever channel had been on TV1 before. DISH customer support has been zero help.

anyone else having a problem viewing DVR programs from slingplayer mobile? i can view live tv fine, but whenever i try to watch a DVR program from my iPhone, it plays the DVR program on my TV (TV1) and streams whatever channel had been on TV1 before. DISH customer support has been zero help.
I've got the exact same thing happening. I just tested slinging through Dish site and that works fine. But when ever I use the iPhone app, I get no DVR'd program. I can see the programs and choose one to view, it goes through the screen that says "Watch through my iPhone", then "optimizes, but then only displays live TV.

HELP!

I've got the exact same thing happening. I just tested slinging through Dish site and that works fine. But when ever I use the iPhone app, I get no DVR'd program. I can see the programs and choose one to view, it goes through the screen that says "Watch through my iPhone", then "optimizes, but then only displays live TV.

HELP!

Update...now I've discovered that I can actually view the recorded programs throughout the iPhone by navigating with the virtual remote on the Sling app. But still cannot actually use the sling app interface to choose and view a program. So I know the 922 will play through the iPhone, it just will not play through the Sling iPhone app.

So I have a very elegant user-friendly interface with the Sling app that does me absolutely no good.

Dish has been no help...Very frustrated as that is why I upgraded to the 922.

So I ran a trace of the traffic to and from my 922 tonight and discovered what was causing my network drop out problem. My DHCP server was misbehaving and providing the wrong server-identifier (ip address of the DHCP server in non-DHCP protocol terminology).

This issue didn't cause any issue during the initial request for the ip address, because the server-identifier is not used in the initial exchange between the DHCP server and the 922 to get the ip address initially.

Where it did cause problems was with the renewals of the lease. The 922 addressed the renewal request to the invalid server-identifier. The ip which it directed the request to received the request and returned an ICMP reply saying that the traffic had been administratively rejected (firewall filtered). However, the DHCP server would still see the traffic, and respond to it giving the ok to renew the lease.

Per the DHCP protocol, the DHCP server does not technically have to respond to the request. The lack of a response is supposed to be treated by the client as a successful renewal.

In this particular case the 922 received an ICMP telling it that it's request was filtered AND the ack telling it that the requested was accepted. I'm not sure if the 922 saw the ICMP and stopped listening for the ack and therefor didn't see the ACK and is requiring that the ACK be sent in order to treat the renewal valid or if the 922 was seeing the ICMP response and treating it as a NAK.

This is likely a gray area in the RFCs for DHCP and a situation where the 922's implementation of DHCP is different than most other clients and resulted in the problem I saw.

I resolved the incorrect server-identifier and my 922 is no longer dropping the connection. Watched a show with the Sling feature tonight and it seems to be working fine now. :)

I'll call dish and see if I can't get this information added to my ticket.

Thanks for you research on this breser. I feel like I am having the same problem. If I hit the reset switch, it grabs DHCP fine, but it will loose the connection eventually and never renew.

Anytime I try to renew from the menu, it fails. Only a reset will fix the connection.

I have tried manually assigned static IP, sling ports forwarded, new cat5.

I don't believe I have the ability to change my identifier. What I ended up doing was extending the lease time to 7 days instead of one hour to see if that helps.

Anyone else have this problem? Dish says they never heard of it.

922 Sling DVR

I am a Direct TV subscriber for a long time. I own High definition plasma TV. I am new to Dish network. Today, I read about 922 sling DVR. I still do not know if it is high definition DVR. How I can order it when ordering my initial package on Dish network?

922 Sling DVR

:)
I am a Direct TV subscriber for a long time. I own High definition plasma TV. I am new to Dish network. Today, I read about 922 sling DVR. I still do not know if it is high definition DVR. How I can order it when ordering my initial package on Dish network?

It's definitely high def. The major considerations is whether you feel you need two HD feeds from your box. The Sling capability takes over the 2nd output so realistically you can only watch one program at a time from it. Not an issue for me since I'm single but if you have someone else in your home you might consider the 722k instead. Dish is supposed to be working on a simple adapter that will give it the Sling capability as well.

anyone else having issues with the remote, If I use it in sd the remote works pops up etc. But if you have it in HD it does nothing, remote popup does nothing, ....

yes having this problem, Once in HD mode, skip works, but pressing dvr for example does not display recordings. If I switch to good, the dvr menu is displayed. Seems like the hd feed is different then the good feed?

On 7/29/10 Dish installed a 922 receiver for me, and could not resolve the Failed error on Broadband screen for Server Connection Failed and Internet Connection Failed.
The system was powered on off a zillion times , Reset Connection tried and still no internet connection.
I am running wireless and it workes 100% with my laptop located 10 feet from the 922 receiver.

Can someone help?

On 7/29/10 Dish installed a 922 receiver for me, and could not resolve the Failed error on Broadband screen for Server Connection Failed and Internet Connection Failed.
The system was powered on off a zillion times , Reset Connection tried and still no internet connection.
I am running wireless and it workes 100% with my laptop located 10 feet from the 922 receiver.

Can someone help?
How is your 922 connected to your router? When mine was installed I was using a Netgear powerline/ethernet adapter and the 922 via Homeplug would not connect. The installer replaced the Netgear adapter with a a SlingLink Turbo and bingo. The 922 has never had a connection problem since. According to the 922, the router and an old version of Slingplayer anyway. Dish Remote Access is a different story.

Can someone help?

In case you think the 922 is wireless like your laptop, it is not. Requires a LAN connection to the router or the Slinglink which is connected to the router.

I'm getting green lights next to word 922 much more frequently now versus a few weeks ago on Dish Remote Access app and the Sling Player Mobile app for the iPhone on my iPad. I have yet to be able to watch a recording on my iPad except by using the virtual remote function on Sling Player Mobile. Is this what is going to be fixed in Sept?

Also when I watch live tv on my iPad, there are missing tv icons when setting up favorites. Is there something I should do to get them. What I have been doing is selecting the Univision icon and typing in the real channel I'd-- like 405, 404, and 113.

I'm just very happy I don't have to do a bunch of 922 resets or dhcp resets to get green lights.

For the most part, most of my 922 stuff works.
However, I still have problems with the Guide freezing when I search channels 110 to 157. And I can't get past channel 110 to organize a favorites list.
I'm hoping it'll work itself out. But I may schedule for a new one just it case it doesn't.
SO far I am ok with all the little changes here and there from the 622.
However, it really is annoying that I can't do a title search for programs to find if a title I want is coming up in the next 9 days. All I can do is an over all theme search.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)