Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hi guys...

I am working with a few people from SLING on the issues we have seen reported here on SatelliteGuys. Most of the issues seem to have been fixed, however if your having a Sling issue with your 922 please post it here to this thread.

People from Sling will watch this thread and contact me if they have a solution that I can pass along. :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

What about the issue of when you do go remote view or sling on ur iphone ur tv mirror to the other tvs shows everything from the guide to the menu black? then when you reset your reciever it goes back to normal? Picture 3 shows the guide before sling and picture 2 shows after you go sling and remote view. U have to reset the reciever to go back to normal before remote view. it can last hours also after u get out of sling on iphone.

sent from Iphone

Attachments

• dish1.jpg
    dish1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 365
  • dish2.jpg
    dish2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 438
  • dishsling3.jpg
    dishsling3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 450
What about the issue of when you do go remote view or sling on ur iphone ur tv mirror to the other tvs shows everything from the guide to the menu black? then when you reset your reciever it goes back to normal? Picture 3 shows the guide before sling and picture 2 shows after you go sling and remote view. U have to reset the reciever to go back to normal before remote view. it can last hours also after u get out of sling on iphone.

sent from Iphone

Saw the same problem here too.

I get this error when trying to watch on Firefox.

"SlingHealth" could not be installed because it is not compatible with your Firefox build type (Darwin_ppc-gcc3). Please contact the author of this item about the problem.

It does nothing at all on Safari. Both browsers are the latest version.

You can watch on your MAC. Its just the testing software that does not run on the mac.

I use a mac myself and in fact at the moment am watching my 922 on it. :)

I do believe they are working on a Palm Pre client. :)

I'm still getting this error. I downloaded the new plug-in and tried this using Firefox and Windows Explorer.

I can still connect using my iPhone.

Attachments

• SlingErrorMessage.JPG
    SlingErrorMessage.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 456
Keep an eye on it, and if your still having the problem on Monday please PM me your receiver ID number and I can have someone from Sling check into it.

I actually get the error message while I'm trying to view something. Scott, are you using Firefox or Safari? What version? I want to get thing nipped tonight. Thank you so much for the help!

I feel welcomed, thank you Scott!

I wish I knew I wouldn't be able to use the service on my Mac OR my Palm Pre. Live and learn...

Yeah I read also about the Palm pre since I also have one, as soon as the flash player comes out for it it should be a go for slingplayer I hope it is true.

anyone else having issues with the remote, If I use it in sd the remote works pops up etc. But if you have it in HD it does nothing, remote popup does nothing, also the Iphone dish app is not working with the 922, the guide, and watch now, changes nothing? thanks for any help. Side note, anyone have any ideas on extending the remote? my 722 antena was located in the middle of the house, worked great, this one has different threading , so I cannot extend it, and it will not work from my living room to the bedroom. (using the component to the bedroom)

When I Log into DISH Remote access and then click Watch Live TV, I get an "Invalid Password, Click OK to continue" message. Clicking OK then gets me into Live TV streaming without having to enter a password. SD quality works fine but HD quality give me a good video feed but audio is so choppy it's unwatchable.

In addition, I can not log into the iPhone application, I just keep getting an invalid password message. ** Update: Login now working using 'admin' as password.

My 922 has a broadband connection that should not be the problem:

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread. There is another person that has confirmed they have the same problem I have.

I can access sling through the website fine, I cant through the iphone app. Downloaded the sling app, it shows the 922 but keeps telling me I have an incorrect password even though im entering the correct password. Although when I do access sling through the website it tells me I have an invalid password to start but then asks me to press okay to retry and once I do it will start up fine. Anyone have any suggestions?

haha didnt see the post above me, myself and him are the two that are having the same exact problem.

sent from Iphone

Still no fix or ideas about this Scott?

Sent from Ipad

I can watch Sling on my PC's at home, but not in the office (not on a company network, I do have a separate network). I'll take my laptop to the office to see if it's a problem related to the computer or just remote viewing. Also although I can download a Sling app that works on my BlackBerry Bold 9700, through Sling (works great for my Slingbox Solo), the app at dishm.sling.com isn't compatible with the 9700, so I haven't been able to watch content on the Bold 9700 from my 922.

Well, is the sling-player in the 922 a hoax. I cannot get the Sling to work on my PC desktop or my Mac laptop or the IPhone. I have broadband hooked up. The guide on the 922 shows green for Broadband connection. On all of the platform I can control the 922 through Dish remote access.

Try to watch on line a get a nasty note stating that they're no communication with the 922 sling-box.

Also I get a blank screen on My Account, Help, Weather and Sling tv everywhere.

Thou the DVR works fine I get search and all of the programs come in. I also can download from Dish online--thus proving I have broadband hooked up.

I cannot get Dish Interactive at all.

The firmware for sling shows 00-00-00.

I tried to get Dish to replace the receiver so far they have refused.

Is anyone else still having these problems?

I have the 922 for three days now.

I am mainly having issues with the iphone sling application now. I am also getting prompted to enter an admin password whenever I connect to my box. (using "admin" as the password seems to make it happy.)

For the most part I am able to watch live TV on the iphone application but if I try to watch a DVR program it plays on my main TV (TV1) instead of streaming to the phone.

I was having that same issue with live TV as well but bringing up PIP and swapping sources seemed to fix it for some reason.

I like the new 922, but it seems like the sling portion still has a few bugs to work out.

Thanks,
-Kris

sent from Iphone

Ok finally figured out u have to enable share view so u can get the guide on the other tv's

Sent from iPad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)