922 soon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BTW I should note, that there is a good chance I will get my hands on one, however if I do I will not be reporting about it or talking about it out of respect to Dish Network.

This product is a BETA product and thus means its not ready for the public. While its beta I will do my best to learn the product and help find and squish any bugs I find in order to make this a better product for all. While the unit is in beta it is my chance to help make the 922 better for all. Once the 922 is ready for the public you will find no better place to learn how to use your 922 then here at SatelliteGuys.US. :)

Scott,

Please push Dish real hard to change the remote. I would like a 922, BUT ONLY IF A 20 or 21 REMOTE CAN CONTROL IT! The remote we played with in Denver would never pass the wife test! Why not have that remote as an option for geeks?

Bob

Last edited:
What are the business rules about upgrading to the 922?

Are we still expecting the fee to leave one will be $200 out of the gate? I really want the two separate HD outputs, and the remote streaming capability, and bigger+daisy chaining external drive capability -- and my old 622 is definitely getting long in the tooth -- but it kills me to think of paying $200 for the upgrade.

And if it requires a new service commitment, I'll have to pass.

BTW I should note, that there is a good chance I will get my hands on one, however if I do I will not be reporting about it or talking about it out of respect to Dish Network.

This product is a BETA product and thus means its not ready for the public. While its beta I will do my best to learn the product and help find and squish any bugs I find in order to make this a better product for all. While the unit is in beta it is my chance to help make the 922 better for all. Once the 922 is ready for the public you will find no better place to learn how to use your 922 then here at SatelliteGuys.US. :)

What are the specific rules of this BETA testing? Do the dealers have to sign some sort of non-disclosure agreement in order to be part of it? I think I saw in some other post that dealers might put them in their showrooms. If that is the case, it would not be a closed BETA testing and anyone could see it and report on it. When the SlingGuide was in Beta, everyone was commenting on it. Obviously there was a bit of a difference, since most anyone could be part of that Beta.

It seems to me that if there is not a specific written or signed agreement not to disclose what is seen in the Beta, once it is out of the doors of DISH it is pretty much open to public comment.

My guess is that they will be shipping in time for the Christmas buying season or around Thanksgiving. I also would surmise that it will be working pretty good in about two years.;)
My 722 still has problems..................

I read an early spec sheet that said TV2 output instead of being SD, will also be HD. Has that changed?

I read an early spec sheet that said TV2 output instead of being SD, will also be HD. Has that changed?

That was never part of the specs. However, TV3 (wireless to the proprietary Dish TV) is supposed to be in HD (per the demonstrations at CES).

I don't doubt that DISH was clear. I do think the blog I was reading was less than clear about it.

I guess if an HD Slingcatcher is not too pricey, that might be a good alternative for me.

I think for users the Tivo ruling will not be an issue. Dish got a stay, Dish will pay if forced to.
They will not let DVR's get shut off. The sky is not falling

Correct, but DVR fees will increase, perhaps by a $1 or more, IMHO, for Tivo's cut. [Of course, this saga has not ended. The preceding was a prediction of a likely outcome, very soon].

I have no pictures available at this time, sorry. I think the earliest it would be available would be October. The beta testing is suppose to be 4 months. We just got our 922 last Friday, I'm still waiting for it to get activated. So far the unit looks pretty cool. I like the looks of the guide and menu system. It definately takes some getting use to the new remote. Not a big fan of having to type in the number of a channel I want to go directly to. First thing I noticed was how crisp and sharp the menu and channel guide looked.

As for business rules, there is no information. No idea if they will allow an upgrade to the 922 or not. For now just focusing on the functionality of the receiver. With the "First Look" software on it right now, I'm pretty limited to what I can do. According to Dish they will come out will software updates every-so-often and will come directly through the dish.

I'm going to be able to play with one soon too, but like you I won't be able to talk about it until the official release.

I have be careful with what I say on here about the 922. I'm not sure what kind of information I can talk about. I'm going to keep it on the download until told otherwise.

I have be careful with what I say on here about the 922. I'm not sure what kind of information I can talk about. I'm going to keep it on the download until told otherwise.

You say that you are not sure what information you can talk about. I am wondering if you signed a beta testing contract that might spell out your commitment or was it a verbal agreement? Obviously, we don't want you to reveal anything that you are committed not to, but those of us who are not beta testers are very curious.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)