922 Upgrades Temporarily Unavailable

It is simple that Dish does not want new customers coming for BBMP and find out that the 922 they ordered does not work. Now they get the 722 which does work.

As of 11/3 the ViP922 upgrades were temporarily suspended. DISH Network is working to add Blockbuster Movie Pass functionality to this receiver, and we will resume ViP922 upgrades once the software update is available.

We do not have an ETA as to when the 922 will be available again, or when the software update will be available for it.

Thank you for your understanding

Thanks for the info Matt. It's a shame some people jump all over you when you are just keeping us informed :facepalm
Of all the people that complain about the 922,
deadhorsebeat_2.gif
I wonder how many actually have one?

As of today the CSR still said the 922 is temporarily not available for upgrade. And I would have to pay a $100 upgrade plus 2 year contract to go from the 625 to the 922.

As of today the CSR still said the 922 is temporarily not available for upgrade. And I would have to pay a $100 upgrade plus 2 year contract to go from the 625 to the 922.
Hi rob13 and :welcome to Sat Guys. The ViP922 has been removed for the DISH Network upgrade options temporarily due to a delay in the software upgrade for the Blockbuster Movie Pass. If you would like to send me your account information in a PM, I can inform you when it has been restored as an option and see what I can do about the upgrade promotion you qualify for. Just let me know, thanks!

Since you are new around here, do some searching about the 922. You might not want to have one. Most people here would not.

Hi rob13 and :welcome to Sat Guys. The ViP922 has been removed for the DISH Network upgrade options temporarily due to a delay in the software upgrade for the Blockbuster Movie Pass. If you would like to send me your account information in a PM, I can inform you when it has been restored as an option and see what I can do about the upgrade promotion you qualify for. Just let me know, thanks!

How much is the delay going to be... It was supposed to be out around these days... I have BBMP and really don't care about the Platinum channels that much, and the store that was close to me closed like 3 weeks ago... and movies are taking more than a week to come by mail... So this will be the only thing that will keep me interested, but nothing on that...

Last edited:

I will join the chorus and STRONGLY recommend you go with the ViP722K & sling adapter instead. Just read a few threads on the ViP922.

And I suspect, with little basis but experience, that the ViP922 will not likely be available again until next year, at which time they may decide to wait until after [strike]the adult entertainment expo[/strike] CES.

I strongly recommend against the VIP722k. Having only used the 922, I find it easy to pass judgement that my box is better. And I make sure I share my presumptions with all.

I have had 625s, 612s, 722s, and I now own 2x922s...

I love the 922 more then any box we currently have in the line up. no bugs no issues on either box. Just remember the first 48 hrs of the receiver being installed it will be a toddler and not listen to you at all. but at least it grows up quick.

It's a matter of what you're after, in the beginning the 922 was buggy basically because of the Sling. With any new fitting you're going to get that. I believe the major complaints about the 922 have been address. The BlockBuster issue still circles for those who want it, personally I've got enough to watch. Wether the 922 remains the major receiver for Dish is of no consequence in the long run. Clearly Dish is going in another direction with the new generation of receivers promised and that is not toward the 622, 722 and 722k system.....or so it appears to me.
Dealers choice, the 722k (which I also have) is a good receiver, the 922, (got that too) is more interesting to me.

I have a 922, have had it since the day they came out. The only thing I feel I am getting out of it right now is the record time. The extra money per month just isn't worth it when my 722+sling+extension HD is doing more and performing better then it is. I would love to replace it with another 722k but I feel that I would have to play the "cancel" game to get what I want and not be charged out my butt lol. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just hate having to call and argue with them just to be happy with my service.

I have a 922, have had it since the day they came out. The only thing I feel I am getting out of it right now is the record time. The extra money per month just isn't worth it when my 722+sling+extension HD is doing more and performing better then it is. I would love to replace it with another 722k but I feel that I would have to play the "cancel" game to get what I want and not be charged out my butt lol. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just hate having to call and argue with them just to be happy with my service.

Why don't you PM one of the Dirt members and propose what you want to do....

If you want to get off the 922 there shouldn't be an issue. Since you've had it since they came out your 2 year contract is over. From the sound of it the 922 is in some weird limbo mode, they may want to give out 722K's?.
If I were you I would contact Ray C. or any other DIRT rep. and tell them (private message).
I don't get the "call and argue" comment, I have been a Dish customer since the Big Dish Echostar days, I've never had an argument with anyone, in fact I've found them to be agreeable and helpful, maybe I just got lucky though. If you're not happy let them know.

356B said:
If you want to get off the 922 there shouldn't be an issue. Since you've had it since they came out your 2 year contract is over. From the sound of it the 922 is in some weird limbo mode, they may want to give out 722K's?.
If I were you I would contact Ray C. or any other DIRT rep. and tell them (private message).
I don't get the "call and argue" comment, I have been a Dish customer since the Big Dish Echostar days, I've never had an argument with anyone, in fact I've found them to be agreeable and helpful, maybe I just got lucky though. If you're not happy let them know.
I've had dish since 96. I have been installing, servicing, upgrading, and training it in the field for 8 years as well. I'm sure I can get what I want but like with everything else there's a cost. Nothings free and to get what I want without any strings attached I know it's going to be a difficult task. I deal with them EVERY day. Some days are good and some bad. I guess I'm just upset because of the whole process I have to go through to take care of it. Transfer to this person, transfer to that person. Gets old. And I'm paying extra money for a receiver that is not giving me 100% of what it can do. Yea, I'll have a 813 when it comes out but until then...... :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using SatelliteGuys

As of 11/3 the ViP922 upgrades were temporarily suspended. DISH Network is working to add Blockbuster Movie Pass functionality to this receiver, and we will resume ViP922 upgrades once the software update is available.

We do not have an ETA as to when the 922 will be available again, or when the software update will be available for it.

Thank you for your understanding

Just wanted to bump the above post from myself, also had the threads merged.

We have had a few people ask for a 922 upgrade, and I wanted to let everyone know that the 922 option has been completely removed from our system, so even if you're ok with not having BBMP streaming, the 922 is still unavailable. As soon as it does become available again, we will be sure to let everyone know (still no ETA). Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)