922 Will Not Record

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rmb2inc

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I have had 4 922's that will not record. The unit will record for one or two minutes, then it will lock up and has to be reset. This happens when the unit is off tries to record a show. The front panel will have the green light on, but you can get the menu and the dvr list up on the screen but no live tv without reboot. We have tried different outlets, switched the port on the switch nothing helps. The dish techs are telling me that there is nothing that they can do. They say everything checks out as far as the install goes. I had the first unit for 4 months and this just started all at once. :(

Dude, trade it back in for a 722k and ota module and be done with it! Obviously you have bad luck with the 922 after 4 receivers going bad. The 922 isn't all it's advertised to be. I traded mine in last November for a new 722k +ota module and I couldn't be happier. I miss the channel logos and the bigger hard drive and even the video Movie art on my recordings. But I don't miss the random reboots and the failed timers that wouldn't record and the final straw : the sling stopped working.

There are some that would say: check your incoming coax from the satellite dish, and make sure you have a clean, single-line connection with no couplers or "splices", where interference could be picked up. And others would say to check the quality of your AC power to the unit - perhaps temporarily plugging into another electrical "zone" of the house via a long 3-prong extension cord (not a permanent solution, but only to test.) Is it possible your wiring is not correct, or your power has something unusual? The first course of troubleshooting electronics should always be the electrical wiring and then the signal cabling. With having 4 failures of the 922, you are reaching levels of mathematical improbability that you could have that many bad units in a row.

Always make sure you have proper grounding, both for the electrical AC, and also a grounding block for your satellite cable(s).

Last edited:
4 failures breaks the bank....something else is going on. We've seen similar anomaly postings here and elsewhere. I've got to believe you have electro-mechanical issues in your home. Polarity issues in the house wiring, surge protectors are not recommended for the 922.
What happened to the other 3? did they die, or where they replaced in an attempt to correct the recording problems. Any strangeness with other equipment? Most installers I've met with one exception are "plug and play" well meaning folks, but do not have a complete grasp of many related issues. I mean this as no disrespect it's just a matter of fact.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts