922 Won't Work!

nemo2001

Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Just bought a 922 from the great guys at the Dish Store (the only place I buy Dish stuff) to replace the 722k in the media room. Having lots of problems. First, it wants to mate with the RF remote by pressing the sat button. Nothing happens. Tried numerous times to unlink and relink and although it makes the right noises it still doesn't work...even inches from the antenna. Have to use the IR remote instead.Second, even after two calls to dish to register and refresh the 922, only a handful of 9xxx HD channels (fox news et al) work. Lovely channel "congrats on having a dish 500" works really well. Can't pick up anything off the 61.5 wing at all. Tried rebooting (hard) many times same thing nothing breaks the cycle...And yes I tried a switch check (I'm having problems with 119 now that the leaves are back, another problem) but not all 110 channels are there either! The guide does not work at all can't even bring it up. All in all, quite a mess. Reinstalled my 722k which is working normally. Can anyone of you help me please!

what type of switch/ dish are you using?

what does the check switch show?

also the very last thing you should have done is put the batteries in the remote. (as stated in numerous forums here it will brick you remote)

Do you have the S101 software version? If not, do not link the remote control yet, use the buttons on the front panel. Then go to check switch, and then go to transponder 29 on 61.5 on the signal strength menu. Xponder 29 is where the software gets downloaded from. After that, reset the receiver and it should start to download S101. If you already have S101 I would call Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)