Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in...

ViP922 external hard drive support currently only includes the transfer of content from a supported receiver to the ViP922. It can only be used for this transfer and cannot be used to archive or record content from the ViP922.
The receivers must be on the same account and that account must have the External Hard Drive Activation fee on it.
Also,
* The External Hard Drive connection feature will be temporarily disabled at midnight tonight due to unexpected media transfer issues. The goal is to enable it again by April 23, 2010. The following pop-up message will display when customers try to use this feature.

* "A problem has been found with the media transfer feature that my cause recordings to be lost. This will be fixed and ready to use on April 23, 2010"

That's great and should have been done prior to release. I'm sure most of my programs that I transferred and ended up corrupted are gone forever, well at least until re-runs. But that was the price I had to pay to be one of the first customers to have a 922 installed. I'm glad that Dish and their engineers are working so hard to get this box working. You've got to give them credit. And, Scott thanks for your hard work as well with the 922, it's much appreciated!

I still can't believe they rolled this out without throughly testing this. It's a feature I was waiting to test and never got the chance.

I still can't believe they rolled this out without throughly testing this. It's a feature I was waiting to test and never got the chance.
Have you never purchased a brand new receiver before?!?! Dish has a LONG history of doing this. Remember the 921?

It is surprising that the 922 has as many issues as it does considering that they had so many in the field for testing for so long. It must have been really bad when it first went out to the retailers for testing.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but this is a confusing topic.
Will we eventually be able to watch content from the EHD w/out transferring it (as on the 722)? I was assured by a CSR that the EHD would operate just as it does on a 722.
Thanks for all the great info.

So does this mean I can safely transfer things from my EHD to the 922 tonight until midnight? Or am I still running the risk for corruption?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts