942 and optical outlet problems

swatson1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 5, 2005
When using PIP, and I swap between two shows, I lose audio from the optical outlet (of my 942) from one of the shows. Swapping back and forth doesn't help. It usually happens when watching a DVR recorded show. I called Dish Network and they said they knew about the problem and would have a software fix soon. I'm still waiting.

Thankfully, I can use the speakers on the TV (regular RCA jack hook up) and it works, but I would really like to be using my receiver (Denon 3805) for sound.

I searched this forum thinking someone else would have had this problem, but haven't seen any threads about it. Am I the only one having this problem? Any suggestions?

Have a like problem - it needs a software fix from Dish. One way I found to get the optical output going again it to switch to Sirius e.g. 6005 which seems to reset the optical output then return to whatever you want.

This is not a guaranted work around but has worked for me most times.

Does anyone use the optical outlet on the 942 (going to an a/v receiver) and not have this problem?

I thought it has been a known problem that one of the two tuners does not do optical. So with a PIP swap you will be switching tuners and losing it on one. I do not have a 942 so from personal experience, I know not whereof I speak.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts