942 Hard Drive in a USB case

sculchy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
WashPA
I’ve searched and was unable to find an answer, so forgive me if this has already been addressed. My 942 was replaced with a 722, but I have recordings on the 942 that I would like to preserve in HD. If I put the 942’s hard drive in an external USB case will the hard drive have to be formatted once it's connected to the 722? My guess is yes.

Usually an external hard drive is reformated when you first connect it to the receiver. Not sure what will happen since the operating system is only on the receiver, your hard drive would also have one, which may cause the 722 to reformate the 942's hard drive. Anyone who has tried may know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets reformated and lose all your recordings.

I could not hook up my 508 drive after getting an external case for it won't format and won't recognize it I emailed dish about this and they said that you cannot do that for some reason only external hard drives can be formatted. I am using that 508 drive as an extra for my computer now....bummer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)