942 Off Air Audio Problem

edfiero

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I am having an Audio Drop problem on a single Digital OTA channel. All other channels are fine..both analog and digital. The signal is over 95%, so its not a signal strength issue.

I would obviously think this is a problem with the station, but the problem has been constant for for over 3 weeks now, and I can't find any evidence of any one else complaining of this problem.

Could this be a problem with the 942? anyone else heard of any similar complaints?

I've been having the same problem for at least a couple weeks. I think it's happening on my local Fox station. It's random. Sound will just quit. Change to another OTA station, sound is back. Change back to Fox, it will work for a while again.

Interesting. My problem is also with the Fox Affiliate, but it sounds like your problem is a bit different from mine. My audio interuption is just a 1 or 2 second "blip", not long enough to switch to another channel, and the switch back.

Bump.... can anyone offer any suggestions? I've tried e-mailing as well as placed a call to the WTXF engineering department, but I've never got any response from them. I'd think they'd at least like to deny its their problem.

Geeze, sounds exactly like the problem Dish created when they downloaded L446 software to the 622/722's which has now been corrected with L447. I had that same problem with Fox OTA because of this (VIP722), now it's ok with the software update. Wonder if they screwed up your 942 in the same way?? Good luck!

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)