942 Upgrade Offer - POS

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
What the hell kind of offer if Charlie giving to existing customers? Wait until April 1 and upgrade for $299 with a $200 rebate. Or upgrade in time to receive the new services and pay full $299 upgrade price.

Exisiting customers should be able to upgrade in time to receive the channels when launched without paying a penalty.

Come on Charlie. Make the offer better.

SKrueger said:
What the hell kind of offer if Charlie giving to existing customers? Wait until April 1 and upgrade for $299 with a $200 rebate. Or upgrade in time to receive the new services and pay full $299 upgrade price.
Exisiting customers should be able to upgrade in time to receive the channels when launched without paying a penalty.
Come on Charlie. Make the offer better.

Well it seems they will not have enough 622 inventory to replace all the 921 and 942 receivers until April. This must be their way to MAKE us wait until supply meets demand.

we definitely need to have access to that offer as soon as the 622 streets. By the time April hits, that thing is going to be backordered for a year.

And we'd better not have to come out of pocket $299 only to get a $200 credit on our next bill... that sucks...

Other than that, it's a great deal ;)

drsiebling said:
we definitely need to have access to that offer as soon as the 622 streets. By the time April hits, that thing is going to be backordered for a year.
And we'd better not have to come out of pocket $299 only to get a $200 credit on our next bill... that sucks...
Other than that, it's a great deal ;)

Yes, an immediate credit would be nice.

Charlie doesn't have a clue, who wants to upgrade to HD-Lite and have to pay those prices

notice the guy that called in with the 6000 is totally screwed, having to pay 300$ for having owned the most over priced piece of trash hardare ever released and he still has it

boy I remember paying 600$ each for my 2 6000's

-Gary

Actually Early Adopters always pay more/the most to be first. Those with a 6000 and 921 will come out ok IMO. I don';t feel a burning desire to be one of the 1st to have a 622 or 811. I have 2 942's and 1 811, the only channel I might want is espn2 and I'll wait to see what comes on that channel. So for me I will keep the $10 hd pak I have.

921 owners took it up the ass!!!

Gary Murrell said:
but at least 921 owners get the 99$ lease, you poor 921 guys, I had one but didn't pay 1000$ for it, I think Dish owes you 921 guys a free to own 622 ;)
-Gary

I agree
the 99 upgrade is damn riduculous, especially when you are an installer and paid outright for the unit!!! 622 Should be ours out the door and no lease B.s.

I own my 921, why would I want to give it away for a lease? Answer: my 921froze during the chat and had to reboot, how ironic! But to the point, there should be an upgrade path for ownership, or is the 622 lease only? I guess the ceo email address will be jammed like this pos server/internet connection for the next few days.

If we lease a 942 ($249) and cannot afford the $299, do we still have to pay the $20 for HD channels we cannot get--starting Feb 1?

This is the most outrageous upgrade I have ever heard of! Won't do it and wonder, then, how long can we keep using the 942 and with which HD channels and at what price?

What is this Charlie's email address?

$99.00 install? Whats to install? I have a 942 with a dish 1000
why can't I pull my 942 take it in and pick up a VIP 622 and
just hook it back up? It's not rocket science.

I just dont get why folks want to own versus lease. You dont pay any monthly lease fees, just an upfront cost. If you quit Dish what are you gonna do? I know you can sell the receivers but your telling me its better to own something for 2 years, have it depreciate and lose value and sell the thing for a quarter of the price? I just dont get it.

I don't understand why somebody has to come out and install the 622 for the 942. I installed my own when I originally got it and when it needed replacement, they sent me the new one...I installed again... and sent the old one back. What POS is this?

For 99$, will they replace my Dish 500 with a Dish 1000, replace my DP34 with a DPP+44, and replace the 942 with the 622? That may be worth it if they do. Although I would insist that they wave the $49 installation fee for the 811-211 swap since they've already been up on the roof to replace the Dish.

Brewer4 said:
I just dont get why folks want to own versus lease. You dont pay any monthly lease fees, just an upfront cost. If you quit Dish what are you gonna do? I know you can sell the receivers but your telling me its better to own something for 2 years, have it depreciate and lose value and sell the thing for a quarter of the price? I just dont get it.

I bought my 921 for $450 14 months ago, if I turn around and move it on ebay, I can get almost 80-90% back on my initial investment, not to mention I have control as to my commitment term. I also have 2 - 721's with minimal initial investments of $249 & $199 respectively. True, the extra receiver fees and the lease fees are a wash, however the VOD and phone line fees on the newer receivers are troublesome.

I want to KEEP my 921 as a second HD DVR, athough it'll mostly be used for SD.

However, another BIG reason to keep it is for eventual use as a second OTA DVR - assuming the LP translators up here will get converted rather than shut down.

Sorry Charlie, but no thanks.

Calling tomorrow (already called tonight, was told to wait until morning--don't know why?) to knock my $90/month bill down to a more managable $50. One 942, No HD, No Locals AT 180. Will enjoy some OTA HD until Di-rect comes out of the box with their offer.

I'm not saying what I'm doing next, but if I could ask a favor of anyone reading this who was told by a Dish CSR that the 942 was "software upgradable," or some such poppycock. Please send me a PM detailing that conversation (approximate date, what was said, operator number, if you have it).

Thanks!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)