95 timers just isn't enough!

I use to set timers for our favorite PTAT programs primarily for backup purposes, but I have grown to trust PTAT. So now, I don't waste any timers for PTAT programs. I leave PTAT turned on in both primary Hoppers for all four networks and all eight days. Sometimes when we are caught up watching all of our recordings we will take a look in the PTAT folder and find something to watch. We have discovered some programs that were good, so we now save and watch them all the time. I don't ever miss one of our favorite PTAT programs because the 8 days ran out. Every morning I go into the PTAT folders and check the previous day recordings for our favorite programs and save them to the My Recordings folder. I don't ever set a seek & record timer except to set a one time timer for a program that I had to seek and find it.

I don't have a problem with PTAT working right, but I have a tendency to let series get way behind and marathon watch, so I set them to auto-save to ensure they'll be there when I get around to it. It is mostly the dramas as I haven't found any comedies that are worth saving that way, but I usually end up watching them before the 8 days runs out. When I first got the Hopper, I used to check in the PTAT folder and manually save episodes, but that was too much of a hassle I thought.

As to seek and record, I don't use it much. But Boxing is on so many channels, even some I hadn't known had boxing shows, that I'm glad I did it that way. I do have it limited to only new shows, but even then some older ones show up in the daily schedule now and then when the guide info is either not correct or so uninformative that the timer can't figure out whether it is new or not.

I don't have a problem with PTAT working right, but I have a tendency to let series get way behind and marathon watch, so I set them to auto-save to ensure they'll be there when I get around to it. It is mostly the dramas as I haven't found any comedies that are worth saving that way, but I usually end up watching them before the 8 days runs out. When I first got the Hopper, I used to check in the PTAT folder and manually save episodes, but that was too much of a hassle I thought.

As to seek and record, I don't use it much. But Boxing is on so many channels, even some I hadn't known had boxing shows, that I'm glad I did it that way. I do have it limited to only new shows, but even then some older ones show up in the daily schedule now and then when the guide info is either not correct or so uninformative that the timer can't figure out whether it is new or not.

I understand what you are saying. It isn't too much a hassle for me because I keep it caught up. Every morning I look at the previous day PTAT programs in both primary Hoppers. I check the recordings with my printed TitanTV.com favorite list and then save our favorite recordings to My Recordings folder. It is a fast procedure for me and kinda got use to it. I rather do this than keep up with the timers and my PTAT timer list was up to 25 timers before I deleted them all. Seek & record is awesome, really comes in handy.

All right all you guys/gals with a 2TB Hopper! Do you have over 999 recordings, or not?

Yeah, I could kill network timers and just enable PTAT every night. I'm paranoid about PTAT or something else messing up, though! :)
Might also run into lots of conflicts with non PTAT shows that way too, since in effect I'll be losing a tuner (when I normally wouldn't be recording a major network show). It is something to definitely consider.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

After reading this thread it is obvious I don't have a dog in this race.

I've never had more than 6 or so timers ever....

However I do hope that dish can provide you power users with what you need. :)

6 timers? 20 recordings? :confused: Why have a Hopper at all if that's all the TV you watch?

Still wishing Dish would increase the number of timers. I'm starting to have to delete shows that are currently on hiatus and hoping I remember when they return!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm with you as well, although I have been at about 85+ for awhile (deleting series timers for only one showing, then creating single timers or even series timers just to catch one showing creeps me further the the limit at about 90), I could reach the limit, as well. Would be nice to increase timer count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)