97W Dead?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe try deleting all TPs from 97w and then blindscan.
Since RT, Saudi, and Ebru were playing tonight, I gave this a try. Both would not show up after the delete and scan, but I did get 200+ channels of junk.

Firmware hick-up? Might need to perform a Factory Reset and rescan the arc.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite
Rescan the arc!:eek: Hours of hours cleaning up all that junk on 7 or 8 sats? No thanks.

What happens if you enter the transponder in manually (I think you can do this on the Nano, right?) to scan for RT and Ebru?

Since RT, Saudi, and Ebru were playing tonight, I gave this a try. Both would not show up after the delete and scan, but I did get 200+ channels of junk.

Are you showing good quality when trying to scan those transponders? If you are, it is similar to one of the Azbox updates where I couldn't lock certain channels.

Catamount

What happens if you enter the transponder in manually (I think you can do this on the Nano, right?) to scan for RT and Ebru?
Some time ago they were just scanned in but since this "odd" problem has shown up, they have been deleted and entered manually. Didn't make any difference, channels play when they want to. Ebru is "on" tonight, RT "off."

Are you showing good quality when trying to scan those transponders? If you are, it is similar to one of the Azbox updates where I couldn't lock certain channels.

Catamount
When these channels decide to play Q is around 70. When they do not want to play, transponder S and Q are zero. If they never would lock, that could be the problem, but they play when they want to.:confused:

Some time ago they were just scanned in but since this "odd" problem has shown up, they have been deleted and entered manually. Didn't make any difference, channels play when they want to. Ebru is "on" tonight, RT "off."

When these channels decide to play Q is around 70. When they do not want to play, transponder S and Q are zero. If they never would lock, that could be the problem, but they play when they want to.:confused:

Seems odd that both the S and Q are zero when they don't play. Usually the S will stay, if it's connected to the LNB still, on my receivers. Odd. Maybe try putting the dish onto 97 W and run a cable directly to the LNB from the receiver and see if they work like that. The only time I lose both S and Q is when my motor hangs up.

Last edited:
dgram

same problem no 97 can't find anywhere am on 95w(gal3c) don't know what happened or where it went. i am still searching got faith it will turn up sooner or later

All of the C Band horizontals are very weak and the verticals are strong. I don't understand this.
1st converter type? LNB/LNB's w/ortho/LNBF? Could be a bad one.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Dgram
had same problem lost97w for about 10 days .got it now.very tight band.could 3c[95w] be blocking part of signal?
Could be??? especially if using a small dish. I have to be accurately aimed for the 30 inch Channel Master to 'perform'.

dgram

thanks diamond jim. i am using a 30 in dish. and i do have to be very accurate.good signal when right on it.using satlink ws-6906 finder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.