99 and 103 fails after "pro" install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RandallFlagg

Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
He originally thought it was the lnb. now he doesnt know why and just left. i have reset the system i have unplugged my hddvr for 15 seconds. i am two shakes away from canceling and switching to dishnetwork. direct tv were tripping over themselves to keep me a customer because dishnetwork had betetr offer. So wound up getting 3 days of sitting here watching this guy screw around and only giving me one hd channel HDTHEater i think its 281.

i have a 5 slimline. all the regular sd channels are working fine. as soon as the hddvr boots back up ill give you a description of my signals. any questions u may have i probably have the answer. Im pretty savvy when it comes to this stuff but not enough to evidently figure it out.

Here are the satellite transponders
32 total at 101
1- 8 96 0 95 0 96 0 95 95
9 1-6 96 96 96 95 96 0 95 0
17 24 95 0 96 0 96 0 94 98
25-32 95 100 95 99 96 100 93 100

3 total at 110
1-8 na na na na na na na 95
9-16 na 96 na 95 na na na na
17- 24 na na na na na na na na
25-32 na na na na na na na na

11 total for 119
1-8 na na na na na na na na
9-16 na na na na na na na na
17-24 na na na na na 99 94 98

14 total for 99 (c)
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9-16 0 0 0 0 0 0 na na
17-24 na na na na na na na na
25- 32 na na na na na na na na

6 for 99 (s)
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 na na
9-16 nanananananana
17-24 nanananananana

16 for 103 (s
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 na na
na na na na na na 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
na na na na na na na na

103 c
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0na na
0 na na na na 0 na na
na na na na na na na na

i finaly got through to directtv tech help and they say it has to do with the 2nd cable going ito the receiver.. funny thing is i can record a show and change the channel which means the second cable is working. also i tried resetting up the system and instead of zip code i used my latt and longitude and was able to get 73% on 99 (s) transponder 2. and now after changing my zip code im getting 86% on 2 transponder 99 (s) and 74% on transponder 4 on 99 (s).

The transponder drop outs on 101 suggest a bad cable or fitting or LNB...........and there could be something else. Did all the fittings get compressed? Is the mast plumb & securely mounted?

Also, know the zip code entry is just for information...........tells the tech where to point the dish..I think he may have missed anyway.

Joe

The transponder drop outs on 101 suggest a bad cable or fitting or LNB...........and there could be something else. Did all the fittings get compressed? Is the mast plumb & securely mounted?

Also, know the zip code entry is just for information...........tells the tech where to point the dish..I think he may have missed anyway.

Joe

nope 101 110 and 119 are fine its the hd sats 99 and 103

101 has problem with all those zeros in the even transponders.

Problem most likely is a bad LNB or splitter in the line.

Other issues could be line of sight or alignment.

101 has problem with all those zeros in the even transponders.

Problem most likely is a bad LNB or splitter in the line.

Other issues could be line of sight or alignment.

Well this is the second lnb the first he claimed may have been bad. 101 110 and 119 channels are fine. Its just the hd channels. Im shocked he just left didnt say anything and now im stuck with waiting for directtv to send a "lead"tech out to try and figure whats wrong. It seems to me this guy may have been a dishwasher 3 weeks ago took some training course from some backwoods communication company and now he was my installer.

It all started on thursday night i get a call from directtv asking what they can do to keep my service. I tell them only reason i was changing was that by switching to dishnetwork it was cheaper to get their full hd package than to upgrade with directtv. He said no problem he would give me the entire hd package for free. i knew that directtv was a little better tha dish so i said yes. down hill from there. The man said a guy could be here saturday. saturday rolls around i get a call from my installer saying he couldnt find an hd dish and that he had a football game to go to so he wasnt gonna make it out. immediatly i was confused. so sunday comes he calls at 8 in the morning telling me hes on his way. gets there 9:30am he doesnt have right hddvr. leaves comes back real quick. puts it al together and then cant figure out why he isnt getting 3 satts. Tels me he has to take the van he rented for the football game back or he would have to pay for another day. this is at 1 pm. he leaves comes back 2 hours later (evidently the rental place was real far away). he goes about wiggleing and tilting to the point telling me it hasto be the lnb. He says he likes me and all but he wanted to go home because this was his off day. he comes back monday evening while im at work and puts on the new lnb and now cant get 2 of the sats. he then tells my wife that it was his off day and leaves....... i get home im ready to rip off the chunk of house the sat is sitting and grab it and the receiver and the miles of cable and throw all the crap into the middle of the street. so after raising 9 kinds of hell this morning a "lead" tech will be here thursday afternoon.

The issues right now sounds more like a group of non-DirecTV, contract installers that aren't too familiar with what may need to be done now that there is an issue, they also don't sound very responsible IMHO. Keep getting the "credits" and see what the "lead" says.

Here are the satellite transponders
32 total at 101
1- 8 96 0 95 0 96 0 95 95
9 1-6 96 96 96 95 96 0 95 0
17 24 95 0 96 0 96 0 94 98

3 total at 110
1-8 na na na na na na na 95
9-16 na 96 na 95 na na na na
17- 24 na na na na na na na na

11 total for 119
1-8 na na na na na na na na
9-16 na na na na na na na na
17-24 na na na na na 99 94 98

14 total for 99 (c)
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9-16 0 0 0 0 0 0 na na
17-24 na na na na na na na na
25- 32 na na na na na na na na

6 for 99 (s)
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 na na
9-16 nanananananana
17-24 nanananananana

16 for 103 (s
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 na na
na na na na na na 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
na na na na na na na na

103 c
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0na na
0 na na na na 0 na na
na na na na na na na na

Judging by the fact that you are not getting ANY EVEN transponders on the 101 sat, it looks like you have either a bad cable, a bad LNB, or a bad port on the multiswitch. What other receivers do you have connected to your system?

Judging by the fact that you are not getting ANY EVEN transponders on the 101 sat, it looks like you have either a bad cable, a bad LNB, or a bad port on the multiswitch. What other receivers do you have connected to your system?

U hit the nail on the head. i have already fixed it b4 reading your post. but you got it spot on. crawling around in my attic rewiring the cables i started testing the multiswitch. Nothing seemed to work until i unplugged the cables from it completely got a double sided female connectors and wired them directly to the sats lines. voila it all works. obviously the multiswitch had a bad port. it dawned on me to get up there when i would get on a channel that we didnt order like hbohd and it would be looking for satt on my living room tv and stopping the program in my daughters room and letting her tv know we have not purchased that channel. so when the "lead" guy gets here thursday ill allow him to grab me a new multiswitch or two and then hopefully let him touch up the signal a little. now hopefully he have at least one more week of training than the regular technician. not only crawling around up there fixed my problem but also reminded me i need to get back into the gym.

The issues right now sounds more like a group of non-DirecTV, contract installers that aren't too familiar with what may need to be done now that there is an issue, they also don't sound very responsible IMHO. Keep getting the "credits" and see what the "lead" says.

according to the customer service tech after i asked her not to send another backwoods glorified construction hand she tells me that there are barely any actual directtv installers. she said 95% are contracted out.

Exactly; so when people say DirecTV is coming out or something like that its just not accurate. Glad you got it figured out; sad you had to do it yourself.

according to the customer service tech after i asked her not to send another backwoods glorified construction hand she tells me that there are barely any actual directtv installers. she said 95% are contracted out.

It is worse than that,

DTV has been pulling in all the service & installation they can get to their HSP (Home Service Provider) system. These folks are expected to have employees rolling the trucks. They are limited to 20 % contractors. While this varies around the country.......many HSPs already have a reputation that is bad enough that experienced techs won't work for them.

Everybody has a first day at work and they improve. New folks all the time do not produce improved results.

Glad you found the fitting.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)