DirecTV MLB Extra Innings Free Preview

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Catch the free preview of MLB EXTRA INNINGS® from July 12 – 18 and see up to 60 games during the week.*

MLB EXTRA INNINGS® brings you out–of–market games you can't see on local TV and the all-new Scores and Stats feature that lets you keep tabs on the entire league††. Plus, as part of the preview, you get MLB EXTRA INNINGS® SuperFan™—the MLB® Game Mix Channel, up to 10 games in HD and more.

After watching the free preview, make your favorite team the home team for the rest of the season by ordering MLB EXTRA INNINGS for just three payments of $43 each. Keep SuperFan for an additional $39 when you order today. Offer ends 8/31/07.

I can barely keep up with Red Sox games on NESN. I tried MLB this year with the Super Fan but not so sure next year even with all games in HD. The Hartford market will have SNY, YES and NESN HD in market so that will be enough games with ESPN and Fox to boot.

Well Brew, isn't that the beauty of MLB EI? You sir are lucky enough to have your favorite teams playing on your local RSN. I'm a Phils fan in Columbus Ohio and baby I can't tell you how great it is to have MLB EI! I would think with the additions of all the HD RSNs now and in the near furture, that, MLB EI will only be for those with an out of market favorite, because your right, there will be a lot more HD baseball on than in the past.

No doubt MLB EI is a must if you are out of market. I grew up a Phillies fan and enjoyed some of the games this year. They gotta show up every now and then.

This will be nice to see some other teams play.

I can barely keep up with Red Sox games on NESN. I tried MLB this year with the Super Fan but not so sure next year even with all games in HD. The Hartford market will have SNY, YES and NESN HD in market so that will be enough games with ESPN and Fox to boot.

Where was it confirmed hartford will have all those rsns in hd?

Hartford market is just waiting for D10 to go into operation for NESN HD. Even though CT is mostly NESN territory, its a "spotbeam" issue why the HD version is only available to Boston zip codes.

Hartford market is just waiting for D10 to go into operation for NESN HD. Even though CT is mostly NESN territory, its a "spotbeam" issue why the HD version is only available to Boston zip codes.

Well, while what you propose seems logical, again, I have seen no official confirmation of it. And directv has hardly been logical when it comes to rolling out rsns in hd. It would not surprise me if the whole country gets the games on nesn hd while it is blacked out in conn and RI. They have never really said putting rsns in hd on national conus was meant to resolve these regional issues.

Well, while what you propose seems logical, again, I have seen no official confirmation of it. And directv has hardly been logical when it comes to rolling out rsns in hd. It would not surprise me if the whole country gets the games on nesn hd while it is blacked out in conn and RI. They have never really said putting rsns in hd on national conus was meant to resolve these regional issues.

That makes no sense whatsoever. We get SNY, YES and NESN in SD. SNY and YES were made available in HD this summer. We are only waiting for NESN HD which is just a spotbeam configuration limitation that has been confirmed by even DirecTV. There is no reason we would get an HD blackout when NESN HD will be a fulltime channel starting in the Fall. I will say it again, there will be no HD blackout in NESN territories. They have scaled back NESN territory definition for folks in Fairfield County but that has nothing to do with the HD version.

No, it wouldn't make sense, but neither do many blackout rules.

Afterall, we would essentially be talking about trying to get a national sports channel feed with regional teams in that home team's region, so far this most often results in a blackout. Resolving the spot beam issues locally would avoid these problems.

Catch the free preview of MLB EXTRA INNINGS® from July 12 – 18 and see up to 60 games during the week.*

MLB EXTRA INNINGS® brings you out–of–market games you can't see on local TV and the all-new Scores and Stats feature that lets you keep tabs on the entire league††. Plus, as part of the preview, you get MLB EXTRA INNINGS® SuperFan™—the MLB® Game Mix Channel, up to 10 games in HD and more.

After watching the free preview, make your favorite team the home team for the rest of the season by ordering MLB EXTRA INNINGS for just three payments of $43 each. Keep SuperFan for an additional $39 when you order today. Offer ends 8/31/07.

Gee, what a savings, someone elsewhere mentioned it would be 1/2 off, which I doubted, I thought maybe $99-120 would be reasonable.
If you add SF to the cost of the reduced price, your still at $ 169 bucks, so over all it's a saving of a whopping $40.. Yippie, glad I was not really hoping to get this package after the break.
I would have done it for $ 100, but 169 is rediculas for half a season.

I have missed some Tiger games in HD this year that were scheduled to be on channel 94, IF I had the MLB HD package would this channel then come in ?

They are always on FSN Detroit 636 SD .

Jimbo

Gee, what a savings, someone elsewhere mentioned it would be 1/2 off, which I doubted, I thought maybe $99-120 would be reasonable.
If you add SF to the cost of the reduced price, your still at $ 169 bucks, so over all it's a saving of a whopping $40.. Yippie, glad I was not really hoping to get this package after the break.
I would have done it for $ 100, but 169 is rediculas for half a season.

I have missed some Tiger games in HD this year that were scheduled to be on channel 94, IF I had the MLB HD package would this channel then come in ?

They are always on FSN Detroit 636 SD .

Jimbo

Are you in the Detroit area for their FSN?

Are you in the Detroit area for their FSN?

I guess it doesn't matter Ramy, I cannot get the MLB package anyways.
D* says I'm too far away to get the FSN Detroit signal in HD, and I now can see that D* also considers me too CLOSE to them to get the games on the package as they have blacked out the Free Preview for any of my Tigers games.

So I cannot win regardless.

Jimbo

The HD game was the Seattle feed, so it was blacked out to us.

FSN Det does a few road games in HD, Minnesota and Cleveland I think. But the others (Seattle this week) are just SD.

They have to block the road feed to the entire Tigers viewing area (MI, NW OH, and No. IN)

The HD game was the Seattle feed, so it was blacked out to us.

FSN Det does a few road games in HD, Minnesota and Cleveland I think. But the others (Seattle this week) are just SD.

They have to block the road feed to the entire Tigers viewing area (MI, NW OH, and No. IN)

So your saying that the Home games would be available ?
Shouldn't it be the other way around, it's not like we can just hop in the car and go to the game in Seattle.

Jimbo

Home (and away when the use the FSN Detroit feed) games are available when on channel 94/95 (730/731).

Same holds true in any RSN market. If you get that RSN and it is the feed they are using, it will not be blacked out.

Sometimes I watch the SD game on the extra innings when it is the FSN Detroit feed just so I can use the interactive to look at other scores/stats/standings. Otherwise it is the same exact program.

When it is the other teams network feed, it is blacked out, which was the case with Seattle this week.

EI will use the home teams feed when available, with a few exceptions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts